Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CRNARather

Needing replacement urethane liner similar to Ottobock Profile

Hi All,

I'm looking for a replacement for my Ottobock Profile urethane liner. I've been wearing this style for about 10 years. I've noticed that over the years especially since bought from TEC they have become thinner. I do like the durability and feel of the urethane. I've tried Ohio Willow Wood and found that it was too squishy and got a hole almost immediately in the distal end. I've never tried a custom Ottobock liner and that may be my next step. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Karla

Hi All,

I'm looking for a replacement for my Ottobock Profile urethane liner. I've been wearing this style for about 10 years. I've noticed that over the years especially since bought from TEC they have become thinner. I do like the durability and feel of the urethane. I've tried Ohio Willow Wood and found that it was too squishy and got a hole almost immediately in the distal end. I've never tried a custom Ottobock liner and that may be my next step. Any input would be much appreciated!

Thanks,

Karla

I use the custom OttoBock urethane liner only with my Harmoney E-Pulse. This is because of the shape of my residual limb. The liner fits great with no problems.

Hi, I really really hate Otto Bock (see my posts under Harmony vs. Limblogic). I have had major problems with their crappy inner liners over the years. They were ripping, tearing for no reason - so aggravating. Oh, and I was using the more expensive custom liners. I heard they had a good product before their factory moved to Utah. Well luckily I finally ran across a great web site www.stumps.org and I was introduced to Wayne Koniuk, C.P. His email address is: limbart@sbcglobal.net . Wayne was able to make me some great (I mean great) liners. He took one of my old Otto Bock liners for my Harmony unit and custom made me a liner at his shop. It is so durable (over a year no problems).

Wayne is a guy that really cares about helping us. I live in Missouri and have never met him, only through e-mails . If I were you I would talk to Wayne - he saved me so much pain.

I just today ordered a new Limblogic unit and I am getting casted Monday. My harmony HD pump from otto Bock went out 2 weeks ago. Last week my prosthestist called Otto Bock to get me a loaner HD pump for they could send mine in for repair, if possible. Well Otto Bock told him that 10 people were ahead of me - I have to use this leg to get around at work - my suspension sleeve is doing all the work and not that great. Anyway, yesterday my leg guy called Otto Bock again and they told him that I now had 9 people in front of me... Can you believe this.. My leg guy was so mad, not as mad as me. So, can't wait months, so Ohio Willow wood is now and from now on getting my new business. I e-mailed Ohio Willow Wood and they told me that they usually have a loaner pump out within 24 hours if one is needed.

Did I mention that I really dislike Otto Bock.

Please give Wayne a shout. He helped me a great deal. If I lived near him he would be my leg guy.

Thanks.

In defense of Otto Bock, the last TEK liner I received from them has worked flawlessly. The outer coating is different than before, and the material is a little firmer. After 3 months of use, it looks brand new.

Previously, after a month of use I would have lots of tear-out in the liner around the edges of the socket. Generally, I would return it after 3 months under warranty (after it split open), then they would send me a new one, which would last three months, then I buy a new one, then return after 3 months, then buy one after 3 months, etc etc.

So, so far so good with the newest one. Hopefully it is not an anomaly.

I am however upgrading soon to the LimbLogic as my Harmony HD has been a source of constant trouble for me as well.

Hi All,

Just wanted to update on my search for a new urethane liner. I had a custom one made by Ottobock and I LOVE it. It took a while to be fabricated, but well worth the wait. My prosthetist sent them an old one that i like and asked for similar thickness. They listened and it is definitely thicker than a standard off the shelf Profile one. Now I'm trying out the P3 Harmony system. I'm getting discouraged. Not sure if I can deal with the added weight. Wish you all well!

Karla