Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
pegleg07

two years later and it sucks again

life was good until 7/23/2007 had a good job a good wife and a nice house then BOOM some jerk hits me head on while on my harley and he had no insurance. my first thought was my wife would leave me cause who wants to be with a gimp. but she stood by my side through the whole thing. well anyway i went back to work a year later and again life was good had a good job good wife and a nice house. then on 7/23/2009 BOOM AGAIN! my wife left me for a man that has no job has no house and a old beat up mini van and lived in his sisters basement. so i ask now. what did i do wrong and she says "its not you its me" so i ask her "do you know what today is" she said "no" i proceed to tell her " two years ago today you almost lost me isn't it ironic that two years later to the day you have lost me" she started crying and i rode away! its was a very hard thing for me but i have moved on again. just wonder what July 23rd next year will bring?

life was good until 7/23/2007 had a good job a good wife and a nice house then BOOM some jerk hits me head on while on my harley and he had no insurance. my first thought was my wife would leave me cause who wants to be with a gimp. but she stood by my side through the whole thing. well anyway i went back to work a year later and again life was good had a good job good wife and a nice house. then on 7/23/2009 BOOM AGAIN! my wife left me for a man that has no job has no house and a old beat up mini van and lived in his sisters basement. so i ask now. what did i do wrong and she says "its not you its me" so i ask her "do you know what today is" she said "no" i proceed to tell her " two years ago today you almost lost me isn't it ironic that two years later to the day you have lost me" she started crying and i rode away! its was a very hard thing for me but i have moved on again. just wonder what July 23rd next year will bring?

July 23 of next year better bring a party I think you have had enough bad things happening on that day already! Start planning the party now--make it a BIG ONE!!!!! Good luck to you!!

That really stinks. But I agree with Cari. Start planning the party now!

Sorry to hear about the twist of fate...but remember, it isn't you, both of those things have been because of someone else....

Ride high, ride on, and keep your face in the wind, you know where you are headed that way......

im ok its been a blessing. i have put on over 2500 miles on the bike this past 2 months. my bike is better than a doctor it get er done!!!

ps. where we gonna hold/have the party?

Ahhh, that does suck - but...somehow this will be better. I myself have found out that you truly find the strength of people surrounding you when adversity hits. They either have it, or they don't. You are strong and have overcome more than you could ever imagine. Life is and will continue to be good to you. Keep riding and I say hold the party in a BIG place and invite everyone you can think of!! Hang in there, you're doing great.

Bad situation...this too shall pass....I say hold that party and invite all of us. :wink: Now start looking :rolleyes: for the location.

My heart goes out to you Joe. You're a tough guy and you will be much tougher by having gone through such experience. What doesn't kill you makes you stronger. Remember ? :biggrin: When I lost my leg ,the fisrt thing I told my wife was: I won't harbour a grudge against you if you leave me. But she didn't as for now at least. :tongue: It's sad thing but you can't do anyting about it . Some people in this world just can't and don't want to share and bear the "burden" of being with such people like we. But there some who can and still want to do this. And there are around you Joe , but may be you just don't "see" them at the moment.

Hang on in there buddy. :biggrin:

That sucks Joe. Proceed with life and make the best of it. You have already proven that you are a survivor.

thank you all for all your support i think the party is a great idea. I will start planning it now and will post the location when i get it.

So sorry to hear what you've had to endure for the past two year. :sad: Only now that it's behind you, I agree with the others, keep moving forward. I was once told, "if it's out of your control, let it go". I did just that and my life has been the better for it ever sence and I'm sure so to will yours. So gear up for the *BIG PARTY* and have yourself a AWESOME time with some good friends. Especially from here.....b/c there the best!! :wink:

Good Luck

Sheila

Keep Smiling :smile:

Maine-USA

LBK-13yrs

So sorry to hear what you've had to endure for the past two year. :sad: Only now that it's behind you, I agree with the others, keep moving forward. I was once told, "if it's out of your control, let it go". I did just that and my life has been the better for it ever sence and I'm sure so to will yours. So gear up for the *BIG PARTY* and have yourself a AWESOME time with some good friends. Especially from here.....b/c there the best!! :wink:

Good Luck

Sheila

Keep Smiling :smile:

Maine-USA

LBK-13yrs

You could come down here to Georgia and we could have a beach party! I am a motorcycle victim too. Also from someone else mistake.

We could have a big party on the beach with a fire and everything! Then go out for a cruse on our bikes around the Island! I am talking about Tybee Island right off of Savannah! It's a long drive but hey, It's the beach! What a way to celebrated life and moving forward with it!

God bless you!

hmm a beach party huh? That sounds great. I will keep that option open. But hey you all will be proud of this. I drove through the accident site on my bike last week. I had to stop and regroup but it helped close a chapter in my book of life. And felt good to stop and say a prayer and thank my angel.

That's great Joe!

Facing the accident scene was very hard for me also, even though I don't recall much.

If there's a beach party in Georgia, I'm in. I'll ride up from jacksonville. :biggrin: