Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Higgy

Finally Back to Work!!!

As those of you close to me know, I walked out of the tax office last winter, due to a rather dubious boss..

Finally.......... after a summer long search, I got the call I had been waiting for and hoping for over all the others that I might of gotten.

I am now a Community Services Care Coordinator at the outreach office in my county. WOO HOO.......

I had been hoping for this job since my interview... it's a great job with some really good people! ! ! ! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Hi Tammie,

I'm so glad you got the position that you really wanted. A great job is something that you look forward to instead of dreading, You know what I mean. Congrats again...... Jerry

Fabulous news, Tammie! The title, at least, sounds like it would be a perfect match for you! It certainly sounds nicer than doing taxes. (Although I was very thankful, myself, that I knew someone with with tax experience when I had "tax-related" questions!)

Hope it turns out to be everything you hoped for!

As those of you close to me know, I walked out of the tax office last winter, due to a rather dubious boss..

Finally.......... after a summer long search, I got the call I had been waiting for and hoping for over all the others that I might of gotten.

I am now a Community Services Care Coordinator at the outreach office in my county. WOO HOO.......

I had been hoping for this job since my interview... it's a great job with some really good people! ! ! ! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

OK, now explain in laymans terms just what a Community Services Care Coordinator does :ohmy::blink::blink::blink:

OK, now explain in laymans terms just what a Community Services Care Coordinator does :ohmy::blink::blink::blink:

:laugh::laugh:

I will be working in the local Community Action office. I will take applications of people who need assistance with lights, gas, rent, etc. It's the title for the non profit organization in our state that helps low income people when they need it. We won't "give" them money,(it's paid directly to those places) we help them with applications for assistance with programs that would help them. In Illinois, if you are under certain low income levels, there are programs that can help you in emergency situations, with lights, gas, and even rent, (if you have been attempting to pay them) things of that nature. It will be my job to take those applications, to help them apply for others, and to know about all of the programs that will help them. I'll have to attend county meetings, etc, on all of this.. It is a "good fit" job.

They have made this job for "after hours" workers, so that if they are working, and still need help, they can apply after work hours, so, once I am familiar with all job duties, I'll be running the office during my hours... I figure, that one means, ME.. I'll probably be the only one there.

I'm looking forward to it. And, I will miss my clients at the tax office.. I like working with people...Been thinking about working part time in another office in town.. I know I will bring them business, cause I'll pull my clients with me.. They are still asking where I'm going if I am going to do taxes this year..

Cheryl, the thing about taxes are... it's like putting a new jgsaw puzzle together every year.. You have to know your stuff, but guaranteed, the feds will change it every year.. it is a constant state of learning and classes...... maybe I won't miss it.. :laugh::laugh:

Great news Tammie. You have such a caring nature about you. I know that firsthand. You'll be a great Community Services Care Coordinator. I'm really happy for you.

Neal

Thanks Higgy, now I know what you will be doing......YES>>>>>you are the woman for the job. :smile:

YES MY FRIEND, YOU DID IT!!!!! YEAH!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!! I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!!!

I have been gone and will get in touch with you soon....I am so HAPPY for you!!!!

:laugh::laugh:

I will be working in the local Community Action office. I will take applications of people who need assistance with lights, gas, rent, etc. It's the title for the non profit organization in our state that helps low income people when they need it. We won't "give" them money,(it's paid directly to those places) we help them with applications for assistance with programs that would help them. In Illinois, if you are under certain low income levels, there are programs that can help you in emergency situations, with lights, gas, and even rent, (if you have been attempting to pay them) things of that nature. It will be my job to take those applications, to help them apply for others, and to know about all of the programs that will help them. I'll have to attend county meetings, etc, on all of this.. It is a "good fit" job.

They have made this job for "after hours" workers, so that if they are working, and still need help, they can apply after work hours, so, once I am familiar with all job duties, I'll be running the office during my hours... I figure, that one means, ME.. I'll probably be the only one there.

I'm looking forward to it. And, I will miss my clients at the tax office.. I like working with people...Been thinking about working part time in another office in town.. I know I will bring them business, cause I'll pull my clients with me.. They are still asking where I'm going if I am going to do taxes this year..

Cheryl, the thing about taxes are... it's like putting a new jgsaw puzzle together every year.. You have to know your stuff, but guaranteed, the feds will change it every year.. it is a constant state of learning and classes...... maybe I won't miss it.. :laugh::laugh:

Higgy - I think the job was made for you - good luck.

Judy

Hey Higy,

Way to go!!! I hope you are finding the job as good--or even better--than you expected. Congratulations on your perseverance :biggrin: .

Tammie, ya done good as always. I hope that things are going well on the job!