Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Amptrooper

Georgia Support Group

I just got back from my Dr's today for my 4 week check up. I still have some skin healing to do but otherwise he said that it looks great! He said that I can go see about getting my first leg as soon as the skin is healed!!! YEA!!!!!!

They also talked to me about starting a support group for this area. Since I am trying to become the Amptrooper (see my sig for more information) and I sell Amputee T-shirts for donations to the Barr Foundation that I would be a good one to help with this project. I have not been an amputee long but I do have a way of dealing with it that may be able to help others who are new at it or about to be amputees. I can help organize it as well and get people in contact with the right person to help them if I can't. It would be nice if this could turn out to be a meet up group as well. We could have cook outs and bowling nights, etc.

We shall see what the Lord wants to do with it. I see a lot of good coming from it. That is my whole thing. Losing a body part sucks. If there is anyway I can help someone else with it then I am all for that. That is why I sell the shirts and want to do this Amptrooper for the kids. Take a bad situation and make it something fun. Anywho, just thought I would share that with y'all!

God bless!

Sounds like you have seen the "light" hee hee. We all lose a limb for a reason. It just takes the open mind to find out what that reason is.

Well we did it! We now have the Middle Georgia Amputee Support Group!

We had our first meeting last Tuesday and had a great time!!! Can't wait for the next meeting!

We had our first meeting last Tuesday and had a great time!!! Can't wait for the next meeting!

Where was it held? When is the next one? Sorry if this info posted elsewhere, I haven't looked around. Thanks.

Where was it held? When is the next one? Sorry if this info posted elsewhere, I haven't looked around. Thanks.

We are having it at Boland Prosthetic & Orthotic Center (it is where I work. No sales pitches or anything like that).

110 Osigian Blvd. Warner Robins, GA 31088. We are going to be having meetings every first Tuesday of the month at 7pm.

You are welcome to come! It is in the early stages right now. We will have speakers at times and information and most important good fellowship!

This will be a safe place for us to open up to each other and reach out to others in the Middle Ga area. Hoping to have a picnic this summer as well!

Good times to come!