Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eag

PROSTHETIC INSURANCE !!

I know I put this on line last night :blink::blink: I wanted to compliment Tammie on her article in this months inMotion. :cool: Thanks for the information on insurance.

Thank you for the compliment, Ann. :blush: Flip checked it over for me to make sure I had it worded correctly. I wanted to make sure that it was right.

Thanks Lynne.. :biggrin:

Tammie - I am so glad they printed it! It is so important that everyone be informed. No reason to thank me, I was glad to help. You did a great job!

Flip/Lynne

Great article Tammie!

My eyes are open a lot wider thanks to your information.

I will be calling my agent in the morning.

Thanks again.

Yeah Erik!! If Tammie's article helped just one person, it is worth it. I have a feeling a whole lot of people will pay attention. It's just one of those things that you don't think about sometimes until it's too late............good going :rolleyes:

Thanks Erik.

When I had this conversation with my insurance agent, I was a little stunned and surprise. I also really wondered after that how many amputees were unaware of the fact that their personal contents limit was not high enough. I have accomplished what I set out to do.

I was afraid that most people wouldn't understand the meaning of what I was trying to say. It's something that is so simple, but kind of hard to explain.

I'm glad to know that you understood it...

Personal property coverage is usually based as a percentage of your homes total value. In most cases it is enough to cover furniture, clothing, electronics, etc. In our cases, who would think that we would be carrying around the monetary equivalent of 6-8 big screen TVs on what's left of our legs. This amount goes much higher depending on your amputation.

I knew that the loss of the prosthetic would be covered under personal property, but had no idea that maybe I should check to make sure I have enough coverage.

Great article Tammie. Proud of you.

Neal

I CAN'T FIND IT! What page??

I CAN'T FIND IT! What page??

Page 40. A lesson on "Insuring Your Prosthesis" ........The bad part is they have Tammies' name in alot of color. :smile:

I must be missing something in my issue. Page 40 in mine is a continuation of "Tips for Understanding Older Patients". And I don't find Tammie's article in the index!

Marcia,

Actually her article isn't in the contents {or at least I don't see it} This is October 2009 {Volume 19, Issue 6 ~Special Edition

:smile:

What I have is Sept/Oct 2009, Volume 19, Issue 5....what's the deal????

You must not be paying the preacher. LoL :blink:

Marcia, I would :sad: give them a call !!

Marcia, mine just arrived yesterday.....not sure how their distribution works as you and I are much closer to Tennessee than others who received it earlier in the week!? :unsure:

Great article, Tammy. I think it's one of the best in the issue!

Marcia, mine just arrived yesterday.....not sure how their distribution works as you and I are much closer to Tennessee than others who received it earlier in the week!? :unsure:

Great article, Tammy. I think it's one of the best in the issue!

Karen,

I'm in Ohio, so I usually receive mine early. :smile:

I'll wait a couple more days before I call.

I finally received the October Special Edition InMotion yesterday. Great article, Tammie!