Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave 06

Helping a stranger

I just thought I would share a little story for all of you. A coworker at my wife's work informed my wife that her younger brother had just lost his leg in a motorcycle accident and had no insurance of any kind and her family didnt know how they were going to cover the medical cost, let alone the price of a prosthetic after learning what most legs cost to someone with no insurance.

The family asked if I would come over for dinner and a little chat with him because he was a little depressed.

I think they just wanted to see how I got along with losing a leg emotionaly and physicaly. So I told them my story from the day of my accident to the present, all long telling them about the sadness, anger ect. and most importantly the happiness of overcoming a tramatic expierience and how you learn to move on past it.

I was surprised to learn that it was the same side leg and about the same length as mine, so I got to thinking, maybe he can use my spare leg parts that I have saved. I have two complete spare legs that I didnt have use for. I was going to make one a swim leg when I got around to it.

Anyway, I told the family that I would give them my spare parts and maybe they can save some money.

Turns out the prosthetic fit with just a little adjustment and he is now started walking with help of a cane and is in such high spirits that he would like me to come over to see hows he progressing. His parents are very grateful for what I have given him and would like to have me over for dinner.

I think I am is just as happy as they are to be able to help someone. Just makes you feel good inside !!!

Thank you all for helping me get to a point in my life where I can help someone else. Peace,

-Dave-

I just thought I would share a little story for all of you. A coworker at my wife's work informed my wife that her younger brother had just lost his leg in a motorcycle accident and had no insurance of any kind and her family didnt know how they were going to cover the medical cost, let alone the price of a prosthetic after learning what most legs cost to someone with no insurance.

The family asked if I would come over for dinner and a little chat with him because he was a little depressed.

I think they just wanted to see how I got along with losing a leg emotionaly and physicaly. So I told them my story from the day of my accident to the present, all long telling them about the sadness, anger ect. and most importantly the happiness of overcoming a tramatic expierience and how you learn to move on past it.

I was surprised to learn that it was the same side leg and about the same length as mine, so I got to thinking, maybe he can use my spare leg parts that I have saved. I have two complete spare legs that I didnt have use for. I was going to make one a swim leg when I got around to it.

Anyway, I told the family that I would give them my spare parts and maybe they can save some money.

Turns out the prosthetic fit with just a little adjustment and he is now started walking with help of a cane and is in such high spirits that he would like me to come over to see hows he progressing. His parents are very grateful for what I have given him and would like to have me over for dinner.

I think I am is just as happy as they are to be able to help someone. Just makes you feel good inside !!!

Thank you all for helping me get to a point in my life where I can help someone else. Peace,

-Dave-

love your good jobs...love your good ideas too

like to see his pics too