Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Higgy

A piece of news

I just wanted to finally fill you in on a bit of good news that has taken place. In October, I was invited to become a member of the Orthotics & Prosthetics Assistance Fund (OPAF) Advisory Board.. :smile:

That sounds great, Tammie. What exactly does it mean? :smile:

Free prosthetics for everyone ???????????? :biggrin:

or at least, your friends???? :cool:

Free prosthetics for everyone ???????????? :biggrin:

or at least, your friends???? :cool:

Yes, Kep that would be real cool {:cool:} And whatever it means, best of luck with it. Golly gee gal, what are you doing in your spare time???????

Here's the official description:

The Orthotic & Prosthetic Assistance Fund, Inc. Advisory Board is comprised of individuals who have been invited to participate in the ongoing work of OPAF. Each member possesses a special talent or field of interest which is a vital part of the volunteer aspect of OPAF.

:blink:

Unfortunately Kep, no free prosthetics.. It would be nice though... :laugh:

OPAF was initially dedicated to providing financial and in-kind support to the 1996 Paralympics, OPAF now generates its own initiatives through partnerships with individuals, organizations, and institutions engaged in:

• improving the quality of life for O & P patients through health and fitness programs, and
  • raising public awareness of physical disability.

Being newly appointed Marcia, I'm still learning what all I'll be up to.Apparently one of the things we do is, we advise the board of directors. I don't think that OPAF was at any of the conference's that you were at.. They have been doing the First Volley, First Swim, and First Ride at the the conference's lately.

Ann, do people have spare time? :rolleyes::blink::blink::laugh:

Here's the official description:

The Orthotic & Prosthetic Assistance Fund, Inc. Advisory Board is comprised of individuals who have been invited to participate in the ongoing work of OPAF. Each member possesses a special talent or field of interest which is a vital part of the volunteer aspect of OPAF.

:blink:

Unfortunately Kep, no free prosthetics.. It would be nice though... :laugh:

OPAF was initially dedicated to providing financial and in-kind support to the 1996 Paralympics, OPAF now generates its own initiatives through partnerships with individuals, organizations, and institutions engaged in:

• improving the quality of life for O & P patients through health and fitness programs, and
  • raising public awareness of physical disability.

Being newly appointed Marcia, I'm still learning what all I'll be up to.Apparently one of the things we do is, we advise the board of directors. I don't think that OPAF was at any of the conference's that you were at.. They have been doing the First Volley, First Swim, and First Ride at the the conference's lately.

Ann, do people have spare time? :rolleyes::blink::blink::laugh:

Tammie, you don't!!!!!!!

What a BUSY lady you are, Tammie! Congratulations on this new adventure...it's good to know that there are such good folks out there taking an interest in the needs of "us amps." :smile: