Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
maggie

muscle pain

hi all, i have been suffering from this muscle pain at the back of my stump, just below my knee for about a year now. originally, it started after i had a new hip on my *good* side, i put on weight as well, so i thought that may be the cause, leg being too tight, anyway, after 9 months of adjustments etc & tests to see if it was a neuroma, they eventually made me a new leg, & the problem is still there, its not as bad, as it is ok when i 1st put the leg on now, & before it was purgatory when i put the leg on, but the problem is still there & i can't walk far until it starts off again & i have to sit down, its affecting my daily life now as i used to be able to work quite far ( i'm lbk)

the pain feels like cramp, really bad, & afterwards the muscle hurts like hell. has anyone else experienced this? i'm running out of ideas!!!!

maggie

hi all, i have been suffering from this muscle pain at the back of my stump, just below my knee for about a year now. originally, it started after i had a new hip on my *good* side, i put on weight as well, so i thought that may be the cause, leg being too tight, anyway, after 9 months of adjustments etc & tests to see if it was a neuroma, they eventually made me a new leg, & the problem is still there, its not as bad, as it is ok when i 1st put the leg on now, & before it was purgatory when i put the leg on, but the problem is still there & i can't walk far until it starts off again & i have to sit down, its affecting my daily life now as i used to be able to work quite far ( i'm lbk)

the pain feels like cramp, really bad, & afterwards the muscle hurts like hell. has anyone else experienced this? i'm running out of ideas!!!!

maggie

Your trouble sounds a lot like mine. Well, I've had issues with the muscle in the same area of my stump, I'm a RBK, this has been a problem for many years. I had a tendon removed back in '96, that helped some, but not completely. I have less problem with it since I've been in the Harmony leg. I really believe this was due to many years of "pistoning" with all my previous legs, which was always a problem for me with other issues like skin problems. It was a few years before this started being a problem for me! Hope you can get the problem rectified, please post if you do!