Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Trailmaster Toby

Where does your leg(s) and/or arm(s) sleep?

Just wondering what everyone does at night with their parts. My leg sleeps next to me and the nightstand (since I have to charge it every other night). :biggrin:

Erik,

Mine is right beside my bed....with all the gagets to pull on, { :rolleyes: } it would take afew minutes to get it on...hope I'm never in a hurry!{ :blink: } Definately the pin is far easier to take off & get on.

Erik,

Mine is right beside my bed....with all the gagets to pull on, { :rolleyes: } it would take afew minutes to get it on...hope I'm never in a hurry!{ :blink: } Definately the pin is far easier to take off & get on.

Mine are right beside my bed too.

Mine are in master bathroom, next to our bedroom. Well, the one I wear to the office and my water leg that is.I use crutches at night for any necessary trips...Unless I'm sick with the flu or something that is. Then the liner stays on, and the leg is next to the bed.

After having had my whole hand inside patients to clean out pressure sores as a nurses aid, I just couldn't get over the fact that I know the skin needs time to "breathe".

The leg I use out on the farm, lives in the back indoor porch when it isn't being worn. I have had more than one neighbor come in do a double take when they notice it.. Me, I can't imagine any other place it would be.

As for wondering what would happen in an emergency.... I found out one night. I had gotten out of bed, "doned" my leg, and dressed before Hubby even had his socks on one night. When necessary, I think we can all do it quicker than what we realize.

Well, I keep mine next to the bed in the rocking chair. That's close to the bed and I don't have to pick it up off the floor. I also keep my lotion in the nightstand which is between the bed and the rocking chair. Jerry

I'm another one who keeps my leg right by my bed at night...it just leans against the side of the bed, with its various supplies piled up in or on it. Surprisingly, I've only had it fall over twice in five years.........I guess I don't move around much in the night :sleep:

Hi,

I also keep it right next to my bed and I put my clean liner under the sheets in hopes that the dogs will sleep on it and it will be nice and toasty warm in the morning or middle of the night when my pup is prone to things she really needs to go out.

Peace, Beth Marie