Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainKB

Need a new battery for my CLeg remote

Just lost the use of my remote half way down a ski run. Great timing I know. Do they sell these type of batteries at the battery chain stores, or on-line?

I looked all over Otto Bocks website and found nothing regarding remote battery product number.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Leg guy is over 100 miles down the road.

I would guess that it is a standard battery available at any store where batteries are sold. Open the remote to get the number from the battery.

I had this problem about a year ago and I was told by my prostetic guy that if I changed the battery myself it would void the warranty. They shipped the remote off to be repaired and had it back in about two weeks.

I had this problem about a year ago and I was told by my prostetic guy that if I changed the battery myself it would void the warranty. They shipped the remote off to be repaired and had it back in about two weeks.

That is ridiculous. A simple remote battery should have nothing to do with the warranty on the leg. I hope they don't charge for that service. Being without for two weeks is nuts.

I agree and I was really upset about this. It is a simple battery that can be bought at almost any store. There was no charge since my leg was still under warranty. But you need to check before you do replace it yourself. They have painted over the screw and can tell if it has been opened.

I hope they don't charge for that service. Being without for two weeks is nuts.

The battery is replaced when the leg is serviced, and should last the two years between services. Having said that I think the battery in my remote is more likely to die of boredom than wear out.

Do you guys really use the remote? If so what for? Swapping between modes 1 and 2 or activating the extra stance mode?

Have you tried switching between modes by tapping your foot? It takes a little learning but it's much more convenient than remembering to carry the remote around all the time.