Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
dreamygirl

Chat room

I was wondering something. Are there any live chat rooms available here? I have a chat program that I go to, for music and laughs and just some fun. I was thinking of starting a Ampute Chat room.. Is this a stupid idea? It would be nice to have a live place to go to if there is one. What is your opinion on this? I hope I havent offended this site, by asking :)

Dreamygirl...

It's a really good idea in theory, but some of us tried it a number of years back and found that being an international forum with members spread over many time zones made live chat very difficult to achieve. Mostly we just all popped in at the chat site on our own schedules, asked if anyone else was around, and then signed off when we got no reply.

When we DID actually make a connection, it was great! It just didn't happen very often.

If you can figure out a way around the "time zone problem," I'd certainly encourage you to give it a go. I'm not sure if there's currently a "chat" capability as part of the Forum software...we used a third-party "free chat" service the last time we tried it.

Dreamygirl...

It's a really good idea in theory, but some of us tried it a number of years back and found that being an international forum with members spread over many time zones made live chat very difficult to achieve. Mostly we just all popped in at the chat site on our own schedules, asked if anyone else was around, and then signed off when we got no reply.

When we DID actually make a connection, it was great! It just didn't happen very often.

If you can figure out a way around the "time zone problem," I'd certainly encourage you to give it a go. I'm not sure if there's currently a "chat" capability as part of the Forum software...we used a third-party "free chat" service the last time we tried it.

Would love to see it happen! I just wonder if there would be a common time that would work? Lets give it some thought.