Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Never ever get into a typing competition with Lili

..since you are bound to lose! We were chatting last night for a couple of hours and she is so incredibly fast that I had a very hard time keeping pace with her. I am said to be an extremely fast typer (learnt it at school, know the 10 finger-system and never look have to look at the key board) and - for those, who do not know - Lili types with a pencil in her mouth.

We had a great time, lots of giggles (could be heard trans-atlantic..) and I am looking forward to our next night session (night for me). By the way, I also blame her for having a really hard time getting up this morning...

xxx

Gizmo

You know, my dear Lili, slowly but surely I am under the impression that this forum is designed to 1.) bring people with disabilities up 2) their able-bodied counter-parts down. Not even one week on the forum and my self-esteem is going down like a misplaced satellite in space.

Yesterday, when we started chatting, I kept reminding myself "Ok, take it slowly. DonĀ“t type too fast. Otherwise Lili will feel embarrassed because she is cruising and circling above her keyboard, trying to trace the right letter. It will probably take forever till she 1.) finds 2) hits it." Well, I have learnt my lesson. And I am licking my wounds..

xxx

Gizmo

I have been wanting to tell you this, lili, but didnt know the place it would be appropriate...since this is a "silly" posting line I will add it here. I commonly tell my kids funny stories about "my friend, lili"....I have no idea where you live or WHO you are, but I consider you my friend! And I get thru rough days, knowing I am thankful that I have not been thru the journey YOU have endured...you are a stronger person than I am! Keep making us laugh, and dont forget to vent on your bad days too, so we remember you are human!

Judy