Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Gizmo

Potentially embarrassing situations...

I guess everybody knows the quiz-show "Who wants to be a millionaire". Just the other day, a woman in a wheelchair was one of the candidates and you could tell that the presenter - who is normally a very funny, eloquent and witty person - was having trouble adapting to this situation. The show happened to be over when this woman was right in the middle of her questions and he said to her "Remain seated", meaning "Stay here for the time being" but of course it came out with this embarrassing double meaning and you could tell that in the minute he said it he realized what fool he had just made of himself... Really funny to watch! Have you been in a similar situation where people just did not know how to handle the taboo topic "disability"?

xxx

Gizmo

Gizmo gurl , I wonder , does this somehow have a quiet lead in to our conversation earlier today ? ( I have funny thoughts going through my head right now :D ) Wel , I do have one that happened to me but I am not sure if this is the proper place to post it , so Gizmo Gurl , I will follow your lead here if this is indeed the right place .

mj