Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Grum

Cool new leg protection

Thought some of you guys might like this.

It's a new product by a company called Carbon Stride. It's not a leg but a leg protector, it's mounted on to my C-Leg, padding it out and making it look a bit special and unique. I had a custom paint job on mine to match my business logo and the custom paint job theme on my truck obviously you don't have to have a paint scheme at all, you could just leave the carbon fiber bare which would look just as cool. The quality of the carbon is AMAZING, it's really thin because it uses the same manufacturing processes used in F1 car construction rather than the usual (cheaper) pre-preg process.

Anyway, if you want any further information either check out the Carbon Stride website or PM me.

Here's the photos, what do you all think???

post-1235-1270894085_thumb.jpg

post-1235-1270894112_thumb.jpg

post-1235-1270894119_thumb.jpg

That is seriously cool! So are the samples on the website...I think I'm in love! :wub:

There aren't that many samples, mine is serial no: 001

It's not the first production sample but it is the first one to be sold, Tony (the designer) has kept the others for himself. I have to say that when I first saw the photos my prosthetist sent me I though it looked OK but wasn't overly impressed. That all changed when I met up with Tony and saw the first production samples. The carbon fiber is manufactured to be thin, light weight and flexible, you really can grab it in both hands and twist it without fear of it breaking, it's amazing. In the flesh the product looks better than I thought it could, the finish gives the carbon fiber weave a three dimensional depth that a camera just can't capture. Because you can have any paint scheme you want it's up to you how good it looks, the only advice I'd offer is to make sure you can see plenty of the carbon. The flag design on the website is the one Tony wears day-to-day and it's really quite special.

It's soooo much better than any cosmesis I've ever seen, it doesn't try to look like a real leg and there's not a tiny bit of foam in sight.

All of them are for above knee but I suppose as its custom wouldnt be a problem below knee?

I love the idea of a nenoprene protector!

All of them are for above knee but I suppose as its custom wouldnt be a problem below knee?

I love the idea of a nenoprene protector!

I just received my new C-leg and the protector is cool! I could not open the link.