Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
BethMarie

ACA's 2010 20th Annual Educational Conference

ACA 2010  

10 members have voted

1. 1. WHO IS GOING THIS YEAR?

• YES
    • NO

Don't forget Marcia, Neal, Eddie, that 2011 will be the ACA twenty-fifth anniversary...... They are having a conference then as well....

That's not exactly what the letter says. It says a national celebration with educational programing. The way the ACA has taken to putting a spin on things, that could have several conotations.

Your right Kep... that is a very good deduction, my quiet friend.....I was very rushed( and tired) when making the post you are referring to. I had thought basically the same thing when I first read that line....

I don't like all she had to say, but there will be an annual conference in the fall of 2010 at a site "in the western USA". YYYIIIPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!

Get ready, Neal. We're coming to YOUR house!

Just because I live West of the Mississippi River doesn't mean I live in the Western USA. We're actually very central.

With that being said....You're welcome here anytime.

I finally got the email from ACA today. Hope you got yours, Eddie.

Hi All,

Living in north country it seems like it takes ages to get news. I just got THE email this week--and I got a very nice letter from Charlie Steele--as you remember I wrote each one on the board and Charlie was the only one to reply.

I am not that happy, but at least every other year is better than not at all. I too find pod casts boring--I don't think I have ever listened to one all the way through. Also, there is lots of online material besides ACA, so I don't know why the ACA wants to repeat that.

Anyhow, God willing, I will be at the ACA next fall. Fall is not the best time as I am teaching, but it has to be held over a weekend, I assume, and I can save up a day or two from holidays and I now have a great boss. :smile:

On another note. Many of you know my Emma (working dog) and she is just find--blind as can be, but still loving. I have had a new pup for 16 months and she has been a hellion in so many ways and she has gone through many bouts of strange upsets. Found out she has polyuria, which means she likes to drink! and doesn't know when to stop!! so I have to limit her water to 8 cups a day (before she use to drink 12 cups each morning) She is so smart and very obedient, but I have a hard time taking her out in public for more than an hour or so. So, there is a strong chance she will return to the breeder--a great woman--I will get a "loner" dog for the winter and then get the pick of the litter in the spring. I love Prairie, but I need a more reliable dog.

Peace and Seasons Blessings,

Beth Marie

Okay, gang, the word is out...the ACA conference will be August 26-29, in IRVINE, CALIFORNIA.

Wouldn't you just know it? It's currently scheduled to be all of 30 miles from my home...but by the end of August, there's a chance that I'll be living some 430 miles to the north! Good grief!

Doesn't matter...I'll figure out a way to be there!

Mark your calendars now for the

2010 ACA National Conference

August 26-29, 2010

Hyatt Regency Irvine – Irvine, CA

Hotel Reservations Available March 15

Room-rate $112 plus tax per night, double occupancy. You must reference the 2010 ACA National Conference to receive the discounted rate.

Accessible rooms and shower stools are limited and are available

on a first-come, first-served basis – so make your reservation early!

Conference registration will begin March 15!

For more information, call toll-free 888/267-5669, ext. 8102, or visit

the ACA Web site at amputee-coalition.org.

I'm going out on Monday afternoon for a couple of days of R & R. If anyone is interested in joining me, let me know. The hotel is giving me conference rates for the additional days.

Neal

It would be good to see who is going to Irvin in August.

Peace, Beth Marie

My reservations are made, tickets are bought. I can't wait. It seems like such a long time between visits with my friends.

Unless it somehow manages to conflict with my move, I plan on being in Irvine! (I'd BETTER be there...I've groused often enough about all the conferences being on the other side of the country from me!)

Do you need a roommate, Beth Marie?

I'm looking forward to seeing everyone again! :smile:

Registered.....booked...............ready to talk, smoke, drink and party!!!!

Am bringing another legless CDN for his first time. This may be my last time though................

ED

Still trying to figure out the $'s. But I'm hoping....

Latest news on the "move" front...there's a real chance that I'll get to move in July, which ought to leave August free for the conference!

I'm still holding off on registering and booking my flight, but I think I'll go ahead and book my room, since that one is "cancel-able." Still looking for a roommate...is anyone else doing the same?

I'm so looking forward to seeing everyone again...I hope you can work out the $$, Marcia!

I'm registered, tickets purchased, car paid for, hooked up with a room . . . I can't wait!

WOW!! This site looks different!

angry.gif Not this year. Feel real bad. Been to every one since 2003. So sorry not to be able to join you my friends. angry.gif

I'm still working on it. The conf won't be the same without you, JV :sad:

Hi Cheryl,

Sorry for the delay in responding--get the last of the renovations does not give me much chance to read. I do have a roommate, but if you do not have one as for me I would be happy to do a triple--just need to ask BJ. I am glad so many of you are going. I am sorry you can't make it Johnny V!

Peace, Beth Marie

Well, I'm going to be cutting this really, really tight! I'm not going to be sure of my finances until July 17 (which is "moving day" for me)...and early registration discount ends on the 19th! I'm still planning on being there if at all possible...hoping it will all work out!

BethMarie, I don't have a problem with "tripling up," if it would be OK with you gals, but don't put yourself out on my account...if it looks like it wouldn't work out, it's fine with me. I am going to reserve a room now, before everything sells out, but will keep my options open....................

Cross your fingers for me, gang! (Upper extremity folks, maybe cross your toes??) :blush:

Do reserve your room now. According to the ACA on our last conference committee call the room block is almost sold out. People are waiting to register tho because there are more rooms reserved than registrations taken.

It does look like it will be a great conference. Lots of new things going on.

Hope to see you there.

Neal

It does look like it will be a great conference. Lots of new things going on.

Hope to see you there.

Neal

Yes, that's a fact..... if you are waiting to reserve a room, make sure you do, the block was filling up.. You have a little time to cancel one if you need to.....

And Neal is sssooooooooo right....... Lots of changes coming.... and it looks like it will be great!

Okay...I know...I'm sitting here on the forum instead of packing like I should be....... :blush:

I'm just "up to here" with packing, though, so I'm trying to convince myself that I really WILL be able to afford the conference.

I've settled up with my landlord down here...I've paid part of my deposit on the new apartment...I'm supposed to get a call from the manager of the new place in a day or two, letting me know for sure what my move-in cost will be. I got my final check from my employer down here, and a statement from the pension fund that seems to be an accurate figure. I have two small checks to deposit in my account...I've booked a room in Irvine (but I'm still open for a roommate opportunity). I've re-upped my ACA membership. It SHOULD be OK to go the rest of the way and sign up.......right?

I MAY need to have the movers help me do the last bit of packing, but most of that is already finished, and I still have three days until the day I rent the truck and the movers arrive to load it....That's a good sign, right?

Just turning it over in my mind, gang...some thoughts would be welcome, if anyone's inclined!

This is the last week for the early registration price. That should be sufficient.

Please make sure if you get the chance..... check out Procare Prosthetics from Georgia at the conference. Stephen Schulte is the owner and one of the prosthetists at his company. They are all brilliant, caring and on top of the latest of what's out there for everyone.

But most of all...I have never met a group who understand what is going on with us and they truly want what each of us wants individually, and will not stop until they figure out whatever it is that will work best for each one of us. Finer people you would never want to work with.....stop by and see them :smile: