Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
deets

Sea Fishing ***** Charter Boats *****

Please excuse my cheeky use of forum space---I think /hope you'll understand when you read on.--Thanks in advance.

Last year I met a great guy by sheer chance who owns a charter boat nr the Menai Strait Angelsey N Wales. Dave the skipper/owner went out of his way to accomodate my disability as it was at the time (fixed straight leg).

We went on an all nighter on his boat and we became instant friends. My wife and son loved every minute of our trip out. We covered miles and miles of water finding the best fishing. In the morning at sun rise I drank coffee at the very front of the boat and watched a pod of dolphins swim along side and in front of us. Dave purposely found the pod and showed us how he can encourage them to come close to the boat and 'interact' almost with us. In fact a calf was being tail slapped by an anxious mother as he tried to come close to the side of the boat to have a look at us.

Truly amazing----it brought a tear to my eye and fulfilled a wish of mine from childhood.

When we returned to the Menai harbour (not Daves usual harbour but we were camping close by) to get off the boat a huge luxury pleasure craft had moored so poorly as to make it near impossible for Dave to get in and safely get us off. But with some great steering ability he managed, and almost carried me from the boat to ensure my safety.

Unfortunately, as a power boat passed (after we had got off) causing water disturbance, and Dave's boat hit the 'Lottery winners' boat as I called it. All because my safety was his no1 priority. So, get the picture..? This is a real genuine bloke, an absolute novelty now.

I spoke to Dave the other evening, and due to the economic downturn and an unholy hike in his insurance premium for the boat, this could be his last season. This is an absolute bloody travesty. His charter business is barely a couple of years old, and due in part to his remarkable caring and understanding it could all be over.

I'm angry, upset, and absolutely determined to 'pay back' the sacrifice he made for me that morning.

So please if anyone is keen on sea angling or has never tried it and fancies giving it a go, you will not find a better skipper to take you out. I guaratee that. And he goes out of his way to comfortably accomodate disabled anglers.

His actual mooring site allows safe easy access to his boat so is ideal for those of us who maybe have the odd bit missing! On board comfortable seating is available and unlike most skippers, Dave allows his anglers to rest and sit in the wheel house.

Charter boat angling is fiercly competitive, ruthlessly cutthroat and outrageously expensive to operate. I've been on many boats and Dave's was something really special. It is wrong he should go before getting a chance to establish the business. The 'industry' as a whole will benefit from guys like him--because the others have to play catch up so everyone benefits in getting a better standard of charter.

I'm really sorry I've gone on and on but I passionatly want to help him.

Could you get yourselves or friends to form a group to charter the boat perhaps for a trip out?

Or, individuals could maybe join my party in the coming weeks (I'm booking a charter myself) so if there are places available why not meet me and put a rod int water too!!

Dave will endeavour to accomadate individuals on booked trips and even negotiate a charter of smaller party numbers.

So here's the details --

Its Dave Jones and the boat is called 'Dignity'

djmarinecharters@hotmail.com

Tel: 07716133378 / 01286 88 00 99

Check this site out too.....

http://www.charterboats-uk.co.uk/dignity/

and this one.....!

These give you a taste of the actual vessel and theres all the info you need on them too.

If anyone fancies joining me in around four weeks time aboard Dignity let me know.

Please excuse my cheeky use of forum space---I think /hope you'll understand when you read on.--Thanks in advance.

Last year I met a great guy by sheer chance who owns a charter boat nr the Menai Strait Angelsey N Wales. Dave the skipper/owner went out of his way to accomodate my disability as it was at the time (fixed straight leg).

We went on an all nighter on his boat and we became instant friends. My wife and son loved every minute of our trip out. We covered miles and miles of water finding the best fishing. In the morning at sun rise I drank coffee at the very front of the boat and watched a pod of dolphins swim along side and in front of us. Dave purposely found the pod and showed us how he can encourage them to come close to the boat and 'interact' almost with us. In fact a calf was being tail slapped by an anxious mother as he tried to come close to the side of the boat to have a look at us.

Truly amazing----it brought a tear to my eye and fulfilled a wish of mine from childhood.

When we returned to the Menai harbour (not Daves usual harbour but we were camping close by) to get off the boat a huge luxury pleasure craft had moored so poorly as to make it near impossible for Dave to get in and safely get us off. But with some great steering ability he managed, and almost carried me from the boat to ensure my safety.

Unfortunately, as a power boat passed (after we had got off) causing water disturbance, and Dave's boat hit the 'Lottery winners' boat as I called it. All because my safety was his no1 priority. So, get the picture..? This is a real genuine bloke, an absolute novelty now.

I spoke to Dave the other evening, and due to the economic downturn and an unholy hike in his insurance premium for the boat, this could be his last season. This is an absolute bloody travesty. His charter business is barely a couple of years old, and due in part to his remarkable caring and understanding it could all be over.

I'm angry, upset, and absolutely determined to 'pay back' the sacrifice he made for me that morning.

So please if anyone is keen on sea angling or has never tried it and fancies giving it a go, you will not find a better skipper to take you out. I guaratee that. And he goes out of his way to comfortably accomodate disabled anglers.

His actual mooring site allows safe easy access to his boat so is ideal for those of us who maybe have the odd bit missing! On board comfortable seating is available and unlike most skippers, Dave allows his anglers to rest and sit in the wheel house.

Charter boat angling is fiercly competitive, ruthlessly cutthroat and outrageously expensive to operate. I've been on many boats and Dave's was something really special. It is wrong he should go before getting a chance to establish the business. The 'industry' as a whole will benefit from guys like him--because the others have to play catch up so everyone benefits in getting a better standard of charter.

Could you get yourselves or friends to form a group to charter the boat perhaps for a trip out?

Or, individuals could maybe join my party in the coming weeks (I'm booking a charter myself) so if there are places available why not meet me and put a rod int water too!!

Dave will endeavour to accomadate individuals on booked trips and even negotiate a charter of smaller party numbers.

So here's the details --

and this one.....!

These give you a taste of the actual vessel and theres all the info you need on them too.

If anyone fancies joining me in around four weeks time aboard Dignity let me know.

Hi Deets,

Thanks for posting this.

My husband took up beach fishing a couple of years ago, very amateur about it but thoroughly enjoys the odd day out. He may be interested in going out on a boat and this sounds ideal for him. I myself am a BK amp but do enjoy going fishing with hubby, i just sit and watch or relax reading a mag. We live in Chester so we are not too far away, mostly go to Llandudno to fish. We visit Anglesey quite a lot, have family in Holyhead

Can you give some idea on prices.

Thanks Lesley

So here's the details --

and this one.....!

Hi Deets,

Thanks for posting this.

My husband took up beach fishing a couple of years ago, very amateur about it but thoroughly enjoys the odd day out. He may be interested in going out on a boat and this sounds ideal for him. I myself am a BK amp but do enjoy going fishing with hubby, i just sit and watch or relax reading a mag. We live in Chester so we are not too far away, mostly go to Llandudno to fish. We visit Anglesey quite a lot, have family in Holyhead

Can you give some idea on prices.

Thanks Lesley

Hiya sorry I havent replied sooner Ive been absolutely shattered after training on my first leg I picked up Monday!

I couldn't really tell you what his prices are off the top of my head, other than to say he has just lowered his charter prices due to the lack of money there is about at the moment. He's a really great guy and wouldn't mind at all if you rang with an an enquiry. He might even have some places aboard booked charters available too. I cant book mine just yet because I have to get the nod from my prosthetist first after having it on a couple of weeks. I can't wait though, like your hubby I love it!