Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mary Farquhar

Summer Sandals.

I am curious to know what all you ladies where in the summer? Can you wear flip flops or the stylish sandals that are out there, and how does your prosthetic stay on?

Thanks!

Mary

Not necessarily "stylish" sandals for me...but I do have a pair of rather chunky, casual sandals that I sometimes wear in the summer. Because of all my "other" foot problems, I tend to spend a lot of time in your basic orthopedic oxfords, but sometimes you just HAVE to wear something to celebrate summer!

I'm not one of those with an adjustable-heel foot, so getting the right heel height is important to me. So is stability...so my major pleasure for summertime is that I can wear shorts, rather than what goes on my feet! I wear shorts pretty much non-stop once the weather warms up..... :smile:

I remember a member here who did manage to rig up a pair of flip-flops to wear with her prosthesis...as I recall, she had a footshell with a split toe, and she attached a clear vinyl bra strap to the back of the flip-flop on her prosthetic side and wore that slung around the back of her foot to hold the flip-flop in place.

I used to have a major shoe-fetish, Mary...owned more pairs of shoes than any other part of my wardrobe. That one's still a little hard for me, I'm afraid.....

Hi,

I can (and do) wear sandals but not flip flops or mules. I also find slingbacks difficult as often the straps slip, sandals that have a strap across the front are safest and although I do wear heels it helps if they are not stilletto type. I am lucky enough to have an adjustable ankle and love having lots of different shoes and sandals - to my husbands despair.

Sue