Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Thohom

Otto Bock KISS

Hello,

has anybody experience with this system?

http://www.ottobock.com/cps/rde/xchg/ob_com_en/hs.xsl/14949.html

I have herad, this system is more common in the USA.

Ciao Thomas

I've experienced with similar type of lanyard pull in system . mine had a disc for the string to lock on. I kept pulling the string too hard to have the liner locked in properly in the socket and the disc would tear away from the socket. so it didn't feel very reliable.

Hi, Thomas, how are you?

Just noticed your post. :blush:

I have the same lanyard system that Tomer mentioned (Tomer ~ you need to get them to glue the lanyard on the socket properly :smile: ) and I also have a Coyote Summit Lock, which is a bit like this one.

They've discovered that my problem isn't the suspension (the lanyard and Coyote lock), but the liner. I have an Alpha liner and the liner material allows a lot of pistoning (movement up and down) when I walk. :wacko: Hopefully, soon they'll change me over to another make of liner ... probably an Iceross? ... and then I shouldn't need both the lanyard and the Coyote lock. :smile:

Lizzie :smile:

I have the same lanyard system that Tomer mentioned (Tomer ~ you need to get them to glue the lanyard on the socket properly :smile: ) and I also have a Coyote Summit Lock, which is a bit like this one.

Hi Lizzie..

it was glued well. but I guess i didn't feel secure enough everytime i wore the socket on and was pulling it too hard. your Coyote lock looks much more reliable than what i had though.

liners wise, i would stay away from Ottobock liners. they tear very easily and also I found them to irritate my skin . I had pictures of the liner taken only a week or two after I got it and OB (quietly) gave me "store credit" for it (got their stupid Cleg protector with that..)

I am using the KISS suspension system from Otto Bock too, and so far have found it okay, I've been using it for more than 2 months now. The pad that clings to the silicone liner is quite strong and it doesn't come off during use.

The problems that I have with the KISS suspension, is that it pulls quite hard at the top where suspension belt is taken out through the socket. And the skin there gets really red, and sensitive after I remove, especially since, I have some 5 stitches right over there. I t might not hurt you as much if your skin on the amp'd leg is normal.

Another issue that I have with KISS suspension is that the belts that are used for suspension are visible from outside, unlike the pin or the suction types, and mine is located at the front side of the socket, making it really obvious when I wearing fitting clothes. I hate that about it!

I am hoping to get mine changed to a suction or a pin lock system. I don't know if that is possible, since I have to wear a silicone liner, and I have extensive grafted skin on my amp'd leg..

Hi Hema,

On the other thread I mentioned about my suction socket. I have not seen one that uses a liner. I pull my stump into the polyethylene socket with a sock of parachute material that leaves nothing between the socket and my skin. On hot days I may sweat enough where I must dry my stump and socket and don it again. I use Adapt Skin on stump skin irritations.

Freddy