Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Joan

UK Travel isurance

Thinking of going to Turkey in September for the first time as an amputee,however having difficulty getting a reasonable insurance quote as i had my BKA only last September.

A couple of quotes have been over £900,for me and hubby,much to expensive on top of the holiday.

I'm wondering how other amputee's fared with their insurance. Would be gratefull for any suggestions.

Before my op our insurance was around £150 for 2 weeks with Pre-existing insurance ie.tablets for hypotension and Cholestoral.

Joan

Thinking of going to Turkey in September for the first time as an amputee,however having difficulty getting a reasonable insurance quote as i had my BKA only last September.

A couple of quotes have been over £900,for me and hubby,much to expensive on top of the holiday.

I'm wondering how other amputee's fared with their insurance. Would be gratefull for any suggestions.

Before my op our insurance was around £150 for 2 weeks with Pre-existing insurance ie.tablets for hypotension and Cholestoral.

Joan

Hi Joan,

I am LAK and I found the travel insurance at www.essentialtravel.co.uk very resonable though you will need to go through an on line screning process for which you have to pay for up front....

Steve :-)

Hi Joan

Why don't you give Worldwide Travel Insurance a ring, i have used them plenty of times and they give you a pre-medical screening over the phone.

I have other existing medical problems and have used them to book a week's holiday to Las Vegas in October for me and my boyfriend. I have taken 'elite' cover, the best there is which covers everything. They charged us £126.50 which i consider very reasonable when you know you will have peace of mind whilst on holiday.

Their telephone number is 01892833338. They are also on-line.

Hope you find them helpful.

I got mine last year with Tescos which was about £80 for me to cover a month in most of europe. Most places wouldn't insure me because of a heart op i had so they might be worth a try.

UPDATE

Holiday and insurance all organised,got a good deal from World First insurance,£198 :biggrin: for two weeks which covered Hypertension and high cholestoral for both of us plus my triple vascular bypass and amputation 10months ago.We are also in our 70's.

Booked our holiday with Enable holidays for September,going to the Concord delux Resort in Lara Turkey.Getting excited now carn't wait.Just wish my Phantom pain would leave me alone for a few days.

Thanks everyone who replied.

Joan