Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shane

New crutch design

Hi all. I currently use open cuff forearm crutches and it's time for a new set. This is what i'm getting. Price is pretty good,too. @ $100 for the pair. I hope they are as good as their hype! :biggrin:

Strongarm_cane_design_4_lg.jpg

Strongarm_handles.jpg

Hi all. I currently use open cuff forearm crutches and it's time for a new set. This is what i'm getting. Price is pretty good,too. @ $100 for the pair. I hope they are as good as their hype! :biggrin:

Strongarm_cane_design_4_lg.jpg

Strongarm_handles.jpg

Shane,

I cannot wait to hear your review on them! My stainless steel crutches are 35 years old with a few repairs.

Freddy

Shane,

Do you have a link to their website site can read about them. They are totally unique, never seen anything like them before.

Look forward to hearing how you get on with them. Looks like they may hurt your arm a bit.

Lynne

Here ya go Lynne:

Strongarm Mobility

During the day, i use my prosthesis exclusively. But, thanks to a bum knee (absolutely no hopping) i use a wheelchair daily(morning coffee, shower etc.) and also night time bath room visits. I use crutches some if i'm having to take a day out of my leg and want to get about outside-but i mostly use them to get around when i'm in riding gear(no prosthesis) and going to and from my bike at the races. I have an aversion to "hospital" and these don't look very "hospital!" :biggrin:

That looks really interesting, Shane... I've never had much luck in using crutches, so I'm interested in how they work for you. I'd love to find a "workable" set of crutches for those middle-of-the-night trips.