Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Guest bud usa

one way valve

Guest bud usa

does any one use a one way sustion valve that you do not have to push a button?

Yes, I use that type. Very easy just to step into it, have heard of some problems with lint in the valve, but never had it happen to me yet.

I'm now using the type with the button, but have used others in the past.

Neal, do you like this one? Are you using it with the setup we both have? Thanks :smile:

Hi Bud,

Wow, I have been using an AK suction socket since 1980 with a valve that has a button that allows air in or out of the socket. I did not even know there were valves without a button.

i use it as well. works great. it does have a button though, for releasing air (when taking leg off)

Hi Bud,

Wow, I have been using an AK suction socket since 1980 with a valve that has a button that allows air in or out of the socket. I did not even know there were valves without a button.

They make one that is basically a plug, so you step into the sock and then put it in, have read on here of people that use then.

Neal, do you like this one? Are you using it with the setup we both have? Thanks :smile:

Yes Ann. I use the valve with a button to release. I like it. Makes it real easy to get in and out.

Guest bud usa

Is this for A/K or B/K ?

I am AK Bilaterial this valve is calledLyn Valve RV sold by Cascade Orthopedic Supply. I am in the process of getting new legs. Sockets are ready for me on Monday 8-16-10. I am getting Ossur Reho Kness in about a month from now I hope also use Ossur Elation Feet.

Is this for A/K or B/K ?

I am AK Bilaterial this valve is calledLyn Valve RV sold by Cascade Orthopedic Supply. I am in the process of getting new legs. Sockets are ready for me on Monday 8-16-10. I am getting Ossur Reho Kness in about a month from now I hope also use Ossur Elation Feet.

For B/K's quite often a simple fish tank valve is a good no buttons valve. the issue with valves and A/K's is the shear volume of air to be expelled hence the larger use of screw/push in valves with a with a push button. not really sure this is helping your situation but is just an insight.

Tim

Is this for A/K or B/K ?

For B/K's quite often a simple fish tank valve is a good no buttons valve. the issue with valves and A/K's is the shear volume of air to be expelled hence the larger use of screw/push in valves with a with a push button. not really sure this is helping your situation but is just an insight.

Tim

I am using a valve on my B/K set up, with no buttons .... however the suction is no where near as strong as it would be on an A/k and I am also using suspension sleeves to hold them on.