Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mikeybucs

Plie 2 prosthetic leg

Hello, everybody! I'm going to be reaching the point at which I have to decide on a prosthetic leg, and I'm stumped (bad pun alert!). I've narrowed it down to the Plie 2 or the C-Leg. I have lots of information about the C-Leg, but there is a dearth of information available with respect to the Plie 2. Have any of you had the chance to see the Plie 2 in action, or possibly used this leg yourself? I'm leaning towards selecting the Plie 2 for its water resistant attribute and also for aesthetic reasons (I just like the way it looks). It seems to have some stumble recovery capabilities, too, according to the Plie 2 brochure.

My prosthetist told me that the cost would be roughly the same for a C-Leg or a Plie 2. Once all of the insurance paperwork is completed, it's going to come down to my decision. I just worry about getting a C-Leg wet and ruining it. All things considered, I'd rather get a Plie 2, unless there are significant reasons to stay away from this product. I look forward to reading any information that you can provide! :-)

Mike B

One of the things I like about the plie is that it uses a camera battery instead of a built in power cell like the c-leg. The battery is a common camera battery that is found at electronic stores easy and cheap. You can keep one or 2 extras with you just in case your going to be out all day or if one dies. With the c-leg, even if you have a car charger, you have to sit and wait for it to charge. With the c-leg you are stuck with otto bock feet or else you void the warranty, the plie lets you use the foot of your choice.