Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainKB

New Bioquest Foot

I have been trialing the new Bioquest foot for the last couple of weeks and I am very impressed with the overall movement of the foot. It takes the initial load very well from heel to toe. It's very light in that it is all carbon and there are three heights to accommodate different leg lengths. What I like most about it is that for me it eliminates a rotator and shock absorber.

Only time will tell how well it is received to the masses.

Here's a pic.

post-2495-12840001684_thumb.png

I've been looking at the Eschelon foot but haven't tried it yet. Have you tried it by any chance?

If anyone else has, I'd be interested in your thoughts on it...

Higgy - I have the new Eschelon foot and I love it. When I first tried it, I kept my old foot on my right leg and put the Eschelon on my left and I couldn't believe the difference. felt like for the first time since surgery that my ankles were moving. I have had friends at my prosthetists office who are single amputees who seem to have a tougher time getting used to it. It must have something to do with when you have a good leg/foot to count on to maintain your balance, etc. You do have to watch how they set the foot. I know as a bilateral, if it is too loose, it can be too much and you'll end up running when you are trying to walk...just kidding :) It is an awesome foot...

I saw the new Bioquest foot while at the ACA conference. It looks wicked. I'm still using the PSII.

I think you need to change the title to this thread though. It is a Bioquest foot, not Endolite.

Hey, Neal, has the cost started to come down on the perfect strides yet? I really do love my Axtion, but I've been curious about the PSs since the first time I saw one. Since I'll be getting a new prosthetist up here, I think I'd like to at least trial a PS...might have a better chance of making that argument to my HMO if the cost was comparable........

CaptainKB, I went ahead and changed the title of the topic......... :smile:

I have the PS X3 and love it!! I am a LBK but I also wear a fixed AFO(ankle foot orthotic) on my right leg and can tell you the PS X3 is better than my real foot. Ifs that the new PS than I want it. Cherylm my insurance has covered 90% of my leg with the perfect stride(total set up, socket/foot). I have a max of 10k a year, so not sure of the exact price but my out of pocket was very little. I know all of our insurances are a little different so my ine might be different than some.

I doubt the price has come down any Cheryl. It's a good foot though. My insurance is like Madleggs, $10K per year. I don't get a socket and foot in the same year. That way I don't exceed my $10K. You gotta learn to beat the system.

Yes I meant BioQuest. Thanks for the correction.

I will be trying the Endolite Echelon, then the Renegade MX-LP by Freedom Innovation next.

Any feedback on these two would be appreciated. I feel the new BioQuest foot would be best for folks with BK or short knees that can take advantage of their tallest version. I have thier shortest version of three offered which I believe is a bit stiff.

I have heard that they are still working the bugs out of the foot build for patients.

Thanks