Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mary Farquhar

Frustrated and feeling lost!I

I am just adding to my thread, topic Very Disappointing! I went to see the rehab Dr today, he thinks its my prosthetic. I told him my prosthetist worked with me and finally he told me there is nothing more that he can do. No matter what my prosthetist tried to do, I still had pain. I asked the rehab Dr if it could be the muscle and he said no, as I have no muscle in that spot that hurts but it is only skin and bone....ahh haa could that be it. He wants me to see a prosthetist there at the rehab, only thing they prioritize so might only be seen in 2-3 months. Anyways, what can they do different that my prosthetist hasn't already tried. He told me to buy these sport shoes that have the curve under it. I told him if it is my prosthetic then it's going to take a comfortable prosthetic, has nothing to do with shoes...DAH!!! I can't believe these people!! I left feeling frustrated, lost....feeling like where do I go from here. No one is helping me.

I decided to call my prosthetist, go see him and see if he is willing to try something else. I am going to get him to call my Orthopaedic Dr....they know each other, and work together sometimes. Why can't they work together and try to find a solution for me.I see my Ortho Dr and tell him this Dr said this, and my prosthetist said that....so sick and tired of all the running. Imagine it's going on 4 years of this pain, although the only intensified last Spring, and is only getting worse.

I am so down this evening! I will try to stay positive, but it's getting harder.

I apologize it's so long.

Mary

Hi Mary,

I am frustrated for you, it is awful one one Dr is telling you one thing and your Prosthetist is telling you another!

You are right they need to be working together. Is it possible for you to be seen by them both at the same time.

I know it is so hard to stay positive, you have done so well so far and I know how daring it is when nothing seems to be progressing.

Kelp researching and searching for answers, be kind to yourself, a little pampering goes a long way.

Hope things improve for you soon.

Lynne

Hi Lynne.....unfortunately they I can't be seen by both of them at the same time. I will be seeing my prosthetist next week, hopefully he will contact my ortho Dr. He has too!! I was surprised by an unexpected phone call from another Orthopaedic's office last evening. My prosthetist had called this office for me and I was put on the waiting list, a year later they are calling. I had forgotten all about this Dr. I hope to see my prosthetist before I see this Dr though.

I am trying very hard to stay positive, some days are harder then others. Thank goodness for my amazing and understanding b'friend, and family. Without them I have no idea where I would be.

Thanks Lynne for the encouraging words!

Mary

Mary,

Just read this as I have been away for a couple of days - it must be so frustrating when they just keep passing you backwards and forwards and you just aren't getting anywhere.

I'm sorry you are having so much trouble but perhaps this other doctor will be able to help when you finally get to see him, in the meantime you can always come on here to vent knowing that people understand what it is like.

Sue

9/13/2010

Hi Mary:

I'm so sorry to hear how many issues you are having and the trouble trying to resolve them. Your health, physical and mental, can be so affected be these problems.

I can't say it always works but sometimes when I have had to wait awhile for an appointment I have tried checking with the Docs office each day to see if they have any cancellations. Being very polite, but persistent, can some times help to get one into an opening or cancellation.

Good luck! I do hope you can get some positive help soon.

Jane

PS If it is possible get the receptionist name so you can address her/him personally when you call.

9/13/2010

Hi Mary:

I'm so sorry to hear how many issues you are having and the trouble trying to resolve them. Your health, physical and mental, can be so affected be these problems.

I can't say it always works but sometimes when I have had to wait awhile for an appointment I have tried checking with the Docs office each day to see if they have any cancellations. Being very polite, but persistent, can some times help to get one into an opening or cancellation.

Good luck! I do hope you can get some positive help soon.

Jane

PS If it is possible get the receptionist name so you can address her/him personally when you call.

9/13/2010

Hi Mary:

When I just logged onto the site there was partial message from you that was visible but when I tried to open it to see all your note I lost it

My newness to this site is very easy to see!

Jane

Hi Jane,

I don't have to wait after all to see a prosthetist at the rehab. I will be going in October. I am hoping they won't do all of the same things that Hangars has tried to do for me. I am giving it some more time but if I see nothing is changing then I will just go back to my Orthopaedic Dr. and go ahead with a bka. It's hard to say it but too much of my life is passing by!!

Mary