Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
CaptainKB

Why is this Forum so Dead?

Don't mean to be rude on any account, just looking for sites that may be a bit more active for those of us that wish to post and reply on different issues.

Thanks

All forums ebb and flow, sometimes they are more busy than others. There are very few of us that stay around for long. People tend to dip in and go eventually, I guess it's just a quiet time. Some people get real value out of the forum though, even now, when it's quiet.

You're on here, so it's down to you to get things going as much as anyone else!

Good luck on your search, though you'll be lucky to find any amputee forum that's any busier or more active.

As OBL said, sometimes the forums slow down..... Think about it, people are at the end of summer, kids are back in school, with all those after school activities going on,life just happens, and of course there is always the dreaded four letter word..... Work.....

It's hard for a new amputee that is in search of info and conversation to find a place, let alone wait for someone to answer there... We have all been there before, or at least, us old timer's as amps have..

We try to be there for everyone, as often as we can...... so, if you have a question, or suggestion, or just need to know how someone else who is the same level of amp that you are does something, then post and someone will most likely answer you.....

If on the other hand, you are asking about the chat room, well, that was something new with the latest software update, and I don't think it ever really took off...As a forum we are awesome....... real time chat, not so much. I hope that you will stay or at least keep stopping in, everyone does when life permits them....

In addition to my being a moderator here, I'm also member of a couple of other forums (some amp-related and some not). Because of my "moderator" status here, I do spend more time here than anywhere else...but I'm also here more because we actually ARE one of the more active forums out there.

Higgy and OBL are right...internet forums ebb and flow according to all sorts of unrelated issues. School, work, weather, family obligations, and in "our" case, how energetic we might be feeling at the end of a long day.

"Chat" continues to be a problem here because we're spread out all over the world, so there are time zone conflicts. But "posting" generally keeps going fairly well. At the moment, we seem to have a number of fairly new folks who are hoping for information about specific questions...that depends on folks in a similar situation but with more experience, and our members do pretty good at turning up to help when they can.

We've had times when a lot of members have a lot of time and energy on their hands, and then we actually even expand into "social topics": jokes, fashion tips, household hints, hobbies, you-name-it. But it's all "part-time" and "volunteer," so activity depends on what ALL of us happen to be up to and going through. So anyone who's hoping for some more activity here, feel free to give it your best shot...your contributions will be most welcome! :smile:

I'm here several times a day every day checking on the most recent posts and if there is one I can contribute to. I am out of work due to my injury/surgery and have no clue when I will be getting back to work. I am not an amp yet so some things I can't answer but I have spent sooooo much time researching this in anticipation of my future amp surgery there are a lot of things I can answer. It especially helps when some of the newer people on here are in a similar situation. There is one other site I go to for amp support and it is about equal in traffic as this one is.

Ditto to all of the above. Sometimes the forum is very busy and sometimes not so much. I've been checking in most every day for almost 6 yrs now. It was and is my lifeline. I'm forever grateful for this site and the great people here.

I have no clue how the chat feature even works.

Well, it's not the busiest forum but it is sure the BEST one out there. Everyone is very helpful that participates on this forum , more so than the most other forums out there.

After I posted I was afraid of that I may offend some members and could have kicked myself (if I could), instead nothing but cordial responses back from you all.

Thanks and what you stated makes sense for sure.

Bless you all.