Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Higgy

Happy Belated Birthday Neal

Happy Belated Birthday Neal.....I am so sorry that I missed it yesterday, but I got hung up with my brother in the hospital.. I sincerely hope it was a good one, my friend... May you have many more....

Hope you had a good day, Neal, and that a fabulous year will be ahead!

How much more time will you be "legless?" Will it be over soon??

(I don't know about everyone else, Tammie, but I couldn't get on here yesterday...so Neal may be getting LOTS of belated wishes!)

Happy belated, belated birthday buddy. Hope it was indeed enjoyable. I heard a report that you've been spotted riding around with a surf board strapped to the top of your caddy. SURF UP there yet??

Thanks guys. It was a fairly normal day. Went out to dinner Thur and Fri nights.

I will be legless for at least another week. UGH!!! This is getting really old. My whole body is talking to me these days.

We had enough rain yesterday to almost cause a surf. We needed the rain, but not so torrential.

Today is the 13th. Though I'm not a superstitious person the transmission went out in my van. I will have to rent a truck in order to do my paper route tomorrow and then get the damn thing towed Monday to some shop. I will hopefully be able to rent a full-sized van next week so I can wear my Iwalk to do the route. It won't be easy to do the route if I have to take that off and put it on at every stop I make.

Wish me luck

Neal

Add a 'happy birthday' from me too.. :wacko::rolleyes::blink: ...glad it was a good one AND hopefully no more surgeries in the near future.

'Cherylm' I couldn't get one here yesterday either...

Happy Birthday, fellow Scorpio. Hope your leg woes will soon be a fond memory :smile:

Happy Happy belated Birthday Neal!!! I also could not get on the forum yesterday...

I hope you had a wonderful day and that you will be back up and running around soon!!!

Flip....

Thanks guys. Birthdays are good as they stave off the alternative. I'm not quite ready for that. As birthdays go, it was a normal day. I did get three delicious meals out of it and some chocolate cake.

I tried on a leg yesterday. It was socket #2 which I haven't been able to wear in 5 years as it was too big. I've swelled that much.

My leg told me that it wasn't ready yet. The stitches are still in and they are pulling. Most of the incision is above the socket line, but the top stitch in right in the bend of the knee. It is keeping me from fully straightening the knee. Makes for a real hobbled walk. I will wait til after I go see surgeon tomorrow before I walk more. I just wanted to know if I had a socket I could get into.