Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
eag

CYBER SHOPPING !

Did anyone else do any shopping online yesterday? Well, I tried...several areas went down that cater to teenagers. :blink: I shopped all day {to be exact} and could only get three items. :smile:

Did anyone else do any shopping online yesterday? Well, I tried...several areas went down that cater to teenagers. :blink: I shopped all day {to be exact} and could only get three items. :smile:

Not me ... am feeling quite smug at the moment as have done all my christmas shopping and written most of my christmas cards.

Yep - I do a couple of bits each day so it doesn't take too much out of the day. I only have a couple of bits left to get - one of which isn't released until next week. I am also seriously tempted to treat myself to a kindle as I love reading and it would be so easy to carry around - just can;t quite persuade myself to spend the money yet.

I have also got as far as buying my Chistmas cards but they are not written although we have now received two from relatives.

Not me ... am feeling quite smug at the moment as have done all my christmas shopping and written most of my christmas cards.

Ann: You should feel smug :wink: I really thought I was on the ball this year :ohmy: but have't even bought my cards yet, let alone address them :smile:

I'm done with shopping...and this year I actually went out to the shops instead of going the "cyber" route. (Retirement is wonderful for that sort of thing...no rush or bother, I could just go out when I was feeling good and stop when I got tired!) I've also got my Christmas cards designed and half-printed, and I've pulled out the decorations (but have only actually decorated the front door at this point). I still need to wrap gifts, bake a "whole lott'a stuff," and get the cards assembled, signed, and addressed, as well as sending off the presents that are going to my friends "down south." And, oh yeah, I'm hosting Christmas Eve dinner.

Funny thing is, I'm not worried about anything yet...maybe I'll get a panic attack once the "big day" gets closer, or maybe retirement will make the holiday season feel like a "piece of cake"...we shall see!

Ann: You should feel smug :wink: I really thought I was on the ball this year :ohmy: but have't even bought my cards yet, let alone address them :smile:

Haha. Well like to be ahead with things ... especially Christmas as goes back to when the children were small and sometimes went down with some illness or other which often kept me housebound a lot of December .... as it is the last week both hubby and I have been unwell with some virus doing the rounds plus we have had snow which is unusual this time of year for us. However, even though I like to be in control one of my best christmas's was the year before last after my revision op when i got home from hospital the evening before Christmas Eve ... didn't get a chance to prepare anything myself really ... the family had covered everything... it was all great and very relaxing!

Cheryl, somehow retirement makes it less of a hassle because you have sooo much more time. Don't have to wait til you get from work. Can do it at your pleasure. I usually manage to get a little stressed at the end but that's just my nature!

Cheryl, somehow retirement makes it less of a hassle because you have sooo much more time. Don't have to wait til you get from work. Can do it at your pleasure. I usually manage to get a little stressed at the end but that's just my nature!

Marcia, I can just visualize you darting from store to store buying presents. Eyes sparkling and loving every minute of it. :wink:

And a great big "MERRY CHRISTMAS" to everyone from me...... :wink:

I ordered some wonderful candles online. Colonial Home is the company. They are worth Every PENNY too ! lol Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

[

Marcia, I can just visualize you darting from store to store buying presents. Eyes sparkling and loving every minute of it. :wink:

You visualize well! I think I finished up today, although I do a bit of cyber shopping myself. Merry Christmas!

I ordered some wonderful candles online. Colonial Home is the company. They are worth Every PENNY too ! lol Happy Holidays Everyone!!!

I love candles....I can't have too many. :blink: What's the address for Colonial. I find if you pay alittle more they have a longer lasting scent.