Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
narooma99

sport setup

Hi guys i would like to know what kind of a setup people have when they run or play sport. I have figured out that i like a stiff heel and a more flexible ankle joint that will allow the toe to flex upwards towards the tibial shank (dorsiflexion). i would especially like to hear from trustep users. can anyone tell me what the consequences are when the ankle joint allows a lot of dorsiflexion or only a little when you run.

Hi guys i would like to know what kind of a setup people have when they run or play sport. I have figured out that i like a stiff heel and a more flexible ankle joint that will allow the toe to flex upwards towards the tibial shank (dorsiflexion). i would especially like to hear from trustep users. can anyone tell me what the consequences are when the ankle joint allows a lot of dorsiflexion or only a little when you run.

I will be trying the trustep the week after next and I will be sure to post my findings!

-Kane

I am wearing the Eschlon by Endolite and it might be something similar to what you are looking for..maybe it will do what you are looking for.... As to the heel, they can stiffin it up to your liking as well.. I don't really like that "mushy" feeling on my feet.. I really like this foot.......

Here's the link...

http://www.endolite.com/products/feet/echelon.php

How long have you had it, Tammie? I LOVE my echelon.

Just some quick feedback on the trustep I tried at my prosthetist's yesterday.

We played around with it for about 2 hours and I never got to a point where the foot had a smooth transition and felt natural. From heelstrike to toe-off it was all very choppy and it felt as if there were three different stages with each step rather than one smooth movement.

On that note this is my own personal experience and the trustep is being sent back and I will try a soleus next.

-Kane

Just some quick feedback on the trustep I tried at my prosthetist's yesterday.

We played around with it for about 2 hours and I never got to a point where the foot had a smooth transition and felt natural. From heelstrike to toe-off it was all very choppy and it felt as if there were three different stages with each step rather than one smooth movement.

On that note this is my own personal experience and the trustep is being sent back and I will try a soleus next.

thank you for your feedback kane

i can see what you mean about the different stages of movement i did not mind this as i felt the foot had the right range of movement and the movement was happening at the right time.

let us know how things go with the soleus it looks like a very impressive foot

Peter

Hi thank you to everyone who posted information to help me get a good setup, and to those who showed concern.

I now have what i consider a pretty good setup. After a year and a half i have an even natural relaxed gait and i am now looking to get back into the work force. Next month i am planning on joining a tennis club.

Thanks to all for you help.

Peter