Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mmarie

Flying

I've never had to take my shoes off at the airport. I'm flying out tomorrow, was gonna wear boots, and got to thinking hmmmm.... they may look at boots a little differently than shoes. Anybody got any experience with this? Cause if I have to take them off I'll never get it back on the amp foot!

Hi Marcia!!!!! TSA rules say that if you have a prosthetic, you do not have to take off your shoe or boot...just be glad you only have one! :) I have been flying alot this last year and a half...I tell them I have prosthetics and they check the prosthetic (in the Atlanta airport, they take 4 pictures of each leg), etc. Kind of depends on who you get in the airport. If you haven't flown in a while, you may be a bit surprised that they do a more thorough job of the pat down. I could care less, just get it over with. They will swab your leg and foot. Should be fine. Just be sure and tell them you are below knee prosthetic and shouldn't be a problem. If they ask you to take your boots off, just tell them you have a prosthetic. Shouldn't be a problem. Have a good flight, and have fun!