Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Higgy

2011 ACA Conference, Kansas City, MO.

Do you plan on attending this years conference?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan on attending this years conference?

• Yes
    • No

God, I wish I could, out of town on business until Friday. Stop by ProCare and tell them they are the best! Lynne says hi!! :) You and Jon have fun and take pictures!

Line Up so far,

Higgy

Jon

Neal

Eddie

Marcia

Johnny V

Beth Marie

So far, Cheryl seems to be the one missing. But I know that she was unable to fly in until later today... So, safe travel Cheryl... see you this evening.

Line Up so far,

Higgy

Jon

Neal

Eddie

Marcia

Johnny V

Beth Marie

So far, Cheryl seems to be the one missing. But I know that she was unable to fly in until later today... So, safe travel Cheryl... see you this evening.

Hello to all!!!! Have a few drinks for me :laugh:

Higgy

Jon

Neal

Eddie

Dave

Marcia

Johnny V

Beth Marie

Cheryl

If I have missed anyone else, I'm sorry. But, we're having a busy, good time.......... :smile:

Karen is here.

Oh my gosh!!! what a crew & there all from this web site....Hope you all are having a good enough time for all of us. I will keep trying to get Doc to go with me the next time { in two years } isn't that right? I see Cheryl made it too.

Higgy: did you and Jon drive or fly? From the time I would say you drove. Happy trails. :smile:

Hey all:

The conference is over. A good time was had by all of the people I talked with. It was an awesome experience. I can't tell you how much I enjoyed my 'family' while there. We try our best to include everyone, but there are time constraints and session overlaps that prevent us from getting together with everyone. I spoke to all of our attending members, but did not get to spend much quality time with some of them. A few of the others probably got tired of me. LOL

Tammie and I are like brother and sister. We have attended 8 conferences and a trip to Washington, DC together in the last 7 years. We have also spent time together on various Coalition committees. My friends on this forum are very dear to me. I would like the opportunity to meet some of the rest of you in the future. We met some new friends who we hope will join the forum and become active members.

The next conference will be held in 2013 in a city where "What happens there, stays there". LAS VEGAS baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

They allowed the members to vote, albeit not very diplomatically. We had 5 cities to choose from. Whichever city got the most noise vote won. The other contenders were: Washington, DC, San Antonio, TX, Orlando, FL and San Diego, CA. I can't imagine Las Vegas in the summer, but I'll carry around an ice pack and battery fan.

We have an idea for something in 2012 that will allow amputees a social function to take the place of the conference. More about this will be announced at a later date. We're hoping for Coalition endorsement, not support. This would enable us to reach out to more amputees. This is my pet project and consumed part of my time during conference. I also spent some time volunteering at a Challenged Athlete Foundation swim class. I spent 3 hours in the pool assisting the instructors. It felt great, but I looked like a prune when I finally got out.

Ann: We had a great time. Tammie and Jon drove as Jon won't fly. That leaves him out of the next conference in 2013 as it will be in a city too far Tammie to drive by herself.

I will close. If any of you have questions about the conference and how it could benefit you, now would be a good time to ask.

Alrighty then, but where is the group photo? Has someone neglected their duties?

If you look back over the years, there has always been a group photo, except maybe last year.

Johnny V......?????

Alrighty then, but where is the group photo? Has someone neglected their duties?

If you look back over the years, there has always been a group photo, except maybe last year.

Johnny V......?????

I was not at last years Irvine, CA convention, the first that I had missed since 2003. :rolleyes: As Neal mentioned, spending time with everybody has been very challenging, this year more than ever. We were on our own with meals which was the usual get together time. Those picture opportunities will hopefully be possible again at some future gathering. :unsure:

Boy, I guess it changes things....... With only one conference dinner now, it's like an interstate... We meet and pass as we are all going on to the next thing we want to attend, and pray that we can all catch up later.....

We were missing Ed, and Cheryl in that picture the last night at dinner......miss those days when we ate every meal together.......

Ed.. I hope your sunburn is getting better..... Put that aloe in the fridge, you will feel better when you put it on!!! Be careful of sun poisoning.....

Cheryl, are you home yet?

Yep, I'm back...had a few flight delays, and an awful lot of traffic to fight in San Francisco, but I made it back home by "later" last night.......now I just have to take a day to rest and get some energy back! :tongue:

It was a grand conference, but yes, it was really hard to get everyone gathered together in one place until the banquet on the final night. Between folks arriving late (me) and leaving early (Johnny), it was almost a game of hide-and-seek: "Has anyone seen so-and-so?" "I thought I saw them yesterday, but not today...but, hey! there's someone!" The first time I saw Neal, I was on the phone and he was running off to do something else...he just slapped me on the back and we waved like ships passing in the night!

I never did see Karen...and I was kind of looking for her, too! I did have a great time seeing my "forum family" and making some new friends and, as usual, the conference sessions were fabulous. It was also grand to know that "we" had two members on the conference planning committee in Neal and Higgy...they all did a great job.

My goal this year was to see ALL of the exhibit hall, as the last time I attended I only made it about one-quarter of the way through the exhibitors. This time, I got about two-thirds of the way through (sigh)...but I guess that means that I'll just have to attend the next one to make another attempt, right?

My goal this year was to see ALL of the exhibit hall, as the last time I attended I only made it about one-quarter of the way through the exhibitors. This time, I got about two-thirds of the way through (sigh)...but I guess that means that I'll just have to attend the next one to make another attempt, right?

Yep, that's right!

Last time I was in Las Vegas in the summer, it was 117 degrees :biggrin: I will be spending a little over 3 weeks there this fall working at our Convention. Can you imagine 3 weeks in Vegas? Not fun kids. Did anyone get a chance to stop by the booth for ProCare Prosthetics from Georgia at the conference?

Yes Lynne, I talked at length with Stephen and Jacob from ProCare. I mentioned your name and they said you were a very delightful woman. I wouldn't know since you've never graced us with your presence. LOL

I was very impressed with them. They could very well be my next shop.

Yes Lynne, I talked at length with Stephen and Jacob from ProCare. I mentioned your name and they said you were a very delightful woman. I wouldn't know since you've never graced us with your presence. LOL

I was very impressed with them. They could very well be my next shop.

Oh Neal - I do hope you go and check out Stephen and crew. They are awesome, up to date and will do everything for and with you. They don't know the meaning of ever giving up.

Delightful, huh??? hahaha LOL If I hadn't been traveling, I would have graced you with my presence :laugh: All kidding aside.. I hope you check them out. First class all the way... I'm so glad you got a chance to talk with them. If all prosthetic clinics and places were like that, we would all be in such a better place.

Glad you are feeling better!

Lynne