Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
aldo

blister or something else

a friend of mine who is thro the knee amputee has problem with his residual limb. several times per year he got large blister (s) on his leg - it's dry painful blister with soft top - it look like very bad case of face acne. he always have 1-3 blisters on the same part of the leg. after several days infection in blister stop and it become dry but still very painful. he can't walk or walk with limping durin healing period. sometimes it last 15-20 days and still no cure for it. is there anybody with same experience and any advice how to prevet this condition? yes.. sometimes he take out dryed piece - i know it's big no-no but...

a friend of mine who is thro the knee amputee has problem with his residual limb. several times per year he got large blister (s) on his leg - it's dry painful blister with soft top - it look like very bad case of face acne. he always have 1-3 blisters on the same part of the leg. after several days infection in blister stop and it become dry but still very painful. he can't walk or walk with limping durin healing period. sometimes it last 15-20 days and still no cure for it. is there anybody with same experience and any advice how to prevet this condition? yes.. sometimes he take out dryed piece - i know it's big no-no but...

how nice you are helping your friend! yes, ive had this and it can be fixed. the prosthetic leg needs some adjustment. it is rubbing on that spot. maybe your friend gets blisters when walking more and that one spot then gets irritated. the prosthetist must work on having that spot NOT rubbed by the leg by carving out a space, or having pieces put IN the leg/cup to elevate the stump, move it around, etc

i hope this helps

post-985-0-05958500-1297976514_thumb.jpg ( problem is on his right side)

i'm amputee too but below the knee and i havent those problems