Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
EllenK

Ellen from Holland

hi all,

I am Ellen from Holland, 24, and born without my right leg. I have my full thigh, but no knee, so technically speaking i am a through knee. I walk on a prosthesis almost all of my life, but I take it off more often when at home.

Hope to get in touch with others here!

Ellen.

Welcome Ellen. I'm Neal. I lost my left leg below the knee in April, 2004. Just recently had some minor surgery that makes the prosthesis more comfortable to wear all day.

There are plenty of people here. It's just been kind of quiet the past few days.

Hi Ellen. Welcome to the forum. I am right Bk for 7 years and do really well.

Welcome, Ellen! I'm also left-below-knee, since March 2005. I'm not sure why we all went "silent" for a bit there...we're normally a pretty social lot! Feel free to join in! :biggrin:

Hi Ellen,

I am Beth Marie from Saskatchewan Canada. Welcome to the great group here. I became an amputee in 2006 after the doctor trying to save the leg for 3 years. I do well and am enjoying life.

Peace. Beth Marie

Hi Ellen, Yes we usually are keeping the keyboards busy....don't know why it's been so slow lately. Guess we are all so tired of snow, snow and more snow. It's been an unusually long winter. Glad to have you aboard. Welcome! :smile:

Hi I'm Sue and I'm a LBK - birth deformity led to the amputation a few years later. Welcome to the boards.

Hello,

I´m Javier - a fairly recent LBK - , I have learned a lot in the group; I just wish I could find more time to participate more often.

Welcome!

Hi Ellen,

I am a LAK and LAE amp,I was born in Germany and live now in southern Brazil.Welcome to our group;you'll find a lot of marvellous friends here who are always willing to help you and try to understand your problems!

Joachim

Hi and welcome, I'm Ali and am from Ireland. I am also 24 but I have only been an amp for 12 years (right below knee).

Hello Ali. Haven't seen or heard from you in a long while. Welcome back. Have you finished your studies? How have you been?

Hi Neal, I just loiter around every so often and say something and disappear again. I am finished and now a fully qualified fitter working in London. I have just been working away and getting up to mischief. How are you?

Hello Ali. Haven't seen or heard from you in a long while. Welcome back. Have you finished your studies? How have you been?

Hi Neal, I just loiter around every so often and say something and disappear again. I am finished and now a fully qualified fitter working in London. I have just been working away and getting up to mischief. How are you?

I've had my share of ups and downs, but generally good. Keeping busy as ever. Speak up more often.

Will do :) but welcome Ellen.

I've had my share of ups and downs, but generally good. Keeping busy as ever. Speak up more often.