Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Gizmo

A challenging job...

..will lead me to Tuscany, Italy, next week. Poor me, I "have" to sit both house and dog of my boss, since he goes to the States. I am sure you all pity me.. My boss, who is the head of the clinic of surgery at the University of Veterinary Medicine here in Vienna (being his personal assistant is my job on the side in addition to writing) used to work as vet in Italy and he decided to keep the house which is supposed to be in a really nice part of Tuscany. I just hope that the dog (a huge Leonberger) will not escape and I will not succeed in setting the house on fire - otherwise it will definitely be a very relaxing week. Everything is in bloom in Italy now (while in Austria the snow is slowly melting), and it will be great to do nothing but hiking, writing, taking photos, reading... and eating! No gym for a week - I wonder, how to survive that, though..

Regards,

Gizmo

Where can I apply for such a job?......... LOL

Have fun and get a good tan.

Brenda

Hi Gizmo

now that's a toughie situation. Now let me think!

Er.....ummmm

Could I handle it?

Beautiful scenery, fine wines and fine food, brilliant one sided conversations with a cuddly furball, sunshine, lazy days of pleasure.

Naw, I'd be happy!

I'd miss the metropolis of mayhem I live in :D

Enjoy

best regards

Steve

I agree with all of the above....Where can we all apply?

Enjoy, take some pics and post them here ...so we can all dream!!!

SUE :angry:

italy sounds good but i have wonderful lazy lunches and some of the best wine in the world sometimes it is really tough living in bordeaux enjoy i will be thinking of you over my bottle of wine this evening

Gizmo, I cant believe you posted this, about tuscany....weird timing....I am almost taking it as a divine sign.....here is why...

I have never thought much about italy...saw pictures, thought it was pretty, didnt give it a second thought. I have been to germany and switzerland in college and always thought I wanted to take my husband there some day, since he is an avid outdoorsman/hiker. But life, and four kids, kind of complicate things....in a good way and you put it out of your mind.

The last four days I have been REALLY sick....cant hold your head up in bed sick. To beat off boredom I rented a pay per view movie, the tamest one they had, "under the tuscan sun". Even in my sickness stupor I was blown away by not just the message of the movie, but the ATMOSPHERE of italy, specifically tuscany! I ended up watching it twice, so taken in my the scenery. And the greatest part was that I was watching it with brand new eyes....the first movie I had ever watched like that where I thought, "*I* could go there, *I* could walk those streets!" I was so limited by my deformed foot that going to places like that and walking all those winding roads was a nightmare to me....I laid in bed iwth NEW dreams....*I* could go to tuscany and TRULY walk the streets, soak up the culture, like everyone else!

So I have a new vision for my life....I just may get there, to tuscany, some day after all! I am excited for you, please send us pictures....it just represents this great new life I get to have because of this metal leg!

Judy