Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Mary Farquhar

Ertl Amputation It Is....

I am happy to say that it is looking very positive for me to travel to see Dr Jan Ertl to do my bk amputation. This is all thanks to my wonderful boyfriend who is making this possible for me. Otherwise I wouldn't have the funds to go.

I am so grateful to have found this site 2 years ago, and to have learned about this procedure. I don't want to go through an amputation when I am not feeling confident about it. Now I know I will have the best Dr working on me. I still feel nervous but excited at the same time. I hope to get a scheduled date within a few weeks. Gotta send the money first. LOL...

Mary

Glad you're feeling reassured, Mary...keep us up to date as your plans unfold.

Good news that it is now going to be possible - keep us all updated.

Is it normal to still feel nervous and scared but yet excited? I know I have a very good Dr but just the fact of traveling to a place I have never been and doing this huge surgery....makes me feel these emotions.

I will keep you all updated!

I would say it's very normal. Best of luck and keep us posted.

Mary, I would say that under the circumstances, everything you are feeling right now is perfectly normal.

Fear, trepidation, looking forward to a better life afterward... it is all understandable.

I wish you well and hope that everything goes well for you..... We are here when you get all done and are bored to death because you still healing.. Let us know how things go. I will keep you in my prayers.

Mary,I am glad to know that everything is coming to an excellent end, and that you are full of expectation,emotion and nervous within this pre-op phases is quite natural.I am very content that you achieved via your boyfriend the necessary funding in order to have the desired amputation made by Dr.Ertl.Everything will go well! Maintain us informed!

Joachim

LAK+LAE

Mary, i am sure you will be happy with your Ertl. Having it done by one of the namesakes is certainly a plus. I simply had mine done by a surgeon who is aware of the procedire and was trained in it.

Best of luck going forward.

I remember laying on the table thinking "Wait, stop, hold on!! Think I changed.....snore, snore, snore!" LOL!

You will question up to the second you fall asleep. Just try to remember what you have now. And that soon, you will have a new leg and be up and walking like nothing was wrong. Sure their are bad days. Think we all have that with or without limbs. But, always try to remember what you had before.

Great that you landed it with Dr. Ertl. He is a really cool guy and as you know he is one of the best!

The other best ones are also named ummmm, Ertl! LOL! Let us know when your going! I may be up that way

some time this summer. If your there when I am I would love to stop by and say hi!

I am happy to say that it is looking very positive for me to travel to see Dr Jan Ertl to do my bk amputation. This is all thanks to my wonderful boyfriend who is making this possible for me. Otherwise I wouldn't have the funds to go.

I am so grateful to have found this site 2 years ago, and to have learned about this procedure. I don't want to go through an amputation when I am not feeling confident about it. Now I know I will have the best Dr working on me. I still feel nervous but excited at the same time. I hope to get a scheduled date within a few weeks. Gotta send the money first. LOL...

Mary

Hi Mary....my name is nadine and I just had the ertl done on March 11th by dr. jan ertl in Indiana..In fact I am 7 weeks post-op. If you have any questions please let me know.