Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mary Farquhar

Surgery Date Is Scheduled.

Got some good news today....looks like my surgery will be June 28th with Dr Jan Ertl.

What a relief, but yet I am so nervous. It's been quite the journey the last 4 years. When

my foot problems started. My life is moving on to a new path. It's overwhelming for me. I have so many mixed emotions right now. I am happy, excited but yet nervous and scared....just want to cry. LOL..God bless my boyfriend, without him I would not be able to go.

Mary

You're in the home stretch now, Mary. Excited, happy, scared, and nervous --and even all four mixed together--are all valid feelings right about now.

I'm glad that you've been able to schedule with the doctor you really wanted to see...I know that, if I were having an ERTL procedure, seeing "Dr. Ertl" on that lab coat would be profoundly reassuring to me!

Great news Mary! I was wondering...I noticed you are from Canada. Does your healthcare system in Canada ok your coming to the United States for surgery? I know they can be pretty particular, so just wanted to ask in case someone else wants to do that.

I don't think our medicare will pay. I am paying with my own money. Actually my boyfriend is paying. So grateful for him! I owe him my life.

I am all set just have to look into flights and hotels. My Dr here is willing to follow up with me

and contacted the rehab.

Thanks Flip!

I'm sure that as the time draws closer you are going to feel excited, scared, hesitant, and any of those other feelings.... and as Cheryl said, it is perfectly normal... Please let us know how things are going as soon as you feel able. I am sure that we will be wondering about your well being at that time... I know I will.

You know how to reach me if you have any questions... Good luck... we are all here anytime you need us.

Wishing all the best for you, Mary. I know you will do well. Please please keep us posted.

I am sure you will be fine Mary, I was very relaxed about my revision .... until the night before in hospital .... then the nerves kicked in and had I had both my legs with me, I would have run. But it all turned out ok and I am sure yours will too.

Does Jan Ertl do phone consultation or did you have to go see him personally. I too would like him to do my surgery but would have to travel like you. How many days will you spend in the hospital?

Are they setting up some sort of payment system for you?

Jenn