Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Best prosthetist in Orlando??

I saw that there were a few of you out there from central Florida, I am wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a prosthetist for a brand new amputee. I started to see Hanger but now I'm having doubts since the leg guy there told me that he'll be likely be travelling all the time so I'll lose him. I also found out today when my appointment was moved back a few weeks that he is already only there some of Tuesday and Thursday. I'm just not so sure of what to do. I probably have two weeks to go before my incisions are completely healed either way but it seems like the best thing ti get this all sorted out as soon as possible.

Part of me says do something to change now and the other says just stick with it, you aren't even ready to miss out yet. :rolleyes:

That's an easy question. POA, it's the best!

I have to second Marcia. If I were living in Florida, that's where I'd be. Some of the members on the forum use POA. After just meeting them once, you couldn't ask for a better place to go to..They really care about the people.

I'll agree with the girls. Stan and his gang are the best.

As a new amputee you'll need to see your legman/woman frequently. It's good that your legperson is good enough to have a waiting line, but bad when they can't see you when you need to be seen. I was in at least once a week for the first few weeks. Much of this is just not knowing what is normal and what is threatening the health of your limb. Better safe than sorry. If you can't get into your legperson when needed it can become quite disabling.

Good luck

Neal

Without a doubt POA...Stan and his group will go out of his way to make sure you have the proper fit and the best prosthetic for your needs.

http://www.poacfl.com/