Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Gizmo

Female Self-confidence" or "How to surprise them"

It is a pity that in many situations of daily life women have the tendency to downplay their achievements and things they are congratulated on in general. Isn´t it funny that whenever someone tells us "You did a great job on that" or "Your French is very good" or "This is a nice dress", that we are flattered but at the same time sort of embarrassed and feel the urgent need to reduce the value of the compliment, by saying "Oh, I bought that dress years ago, on special" or "Oh, I picked some up while I was in France" etc. Watch what happens when you answer full of confidence "Yes, thanks, I know" . The other person (no matter if it is a man or a woman) will look at you and not know, what´s wrong about the situation... Because it is an answer which is just not expected. But what you do is just confirm the thing the other one just said. So there should be nothing wrong with that!

But also watch, how people will respect you more (subconsciously) when you do not only perform well but also have the guts to not only accept a compliment but also confirm it whole-heartedly.

Try it out!

Regards,

Gizmo

Well, Lili, I hate to confess it, but due to the fact, that I am pretty competitive, I could not help noticing that you have written 102 posts since your enrolment on Feb. 23 (average 4.2 per day) while I have written only 47 since February 29 (2,7 per day), so I have got to catch up quite a bit!!!

So think about that and look at yourself in the mirror..ROFL

Regards,

Gizmo

PS: By the way, I am not quite sure about the degree of insulting potential of the term "posting tart", but as it has backfired anyway, it is not of major importance..

hey thatsz enough lilli give the rest of us a chance .i am only in the 70s mind you i adore your posts you have a great sense of humour .they make my day every time catching up here

now made it to 85but nones of us are up to brendas standards she is the best and one of the best to keep this forum going .

Sarah,

I wouldn't say I'm the best just been wearing prosthetics so long I could probably be a prosthetist.... LOL

Brenda

Johnny,

With the prosthetist that I have why would I want to be one myself... He is a wonderful man and very humble to boot.

Brenda

Brenda,

It was just a thought, considering how much you enjoy helping others.

hey brenda just carry on being ther for us you are an inspirationand we all think very highly of you .i know in the moments i am not good i just come here and things do not seem so bad

going back to gizmos text i feel i am a woman who has a lot to offer and my girls tell me constantly i am the best and i am sure for any women when there kids tell them they are the best it gives you the greatest feeling in the world .ihave even come an agony aunt for my 16 year olds friends who say i am a good listener .which is a great compliment considering i feel at the mo i am not being a great mum for my girls i am sure one day i will get over these insecurities but you know losing your leg takes something from you and you feel you have to try harder to, fit in

Johnny,

Yes I do enjoy helping others but the classes I would have to take to be a prosthetist weren't my best subjects so I'll have to pass.

Sarah,

As long as this forum exists I'll keep posting and hopefully can continue to help and inspire others.

Brenda

Central FL

Hi Brenda, I think you are about as close to being a prosthetist as anyone could be, which I'm sure many find very helpful, on a forum such as this one. Your inspiration to help others is a very special gift you have and I thank you for sharing with all of us.

Sheila

Keep Smiling :)