Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Lizzie2

Prosthetic treatment in the UK

Hi

(I haven't posted on here for ages ... hope everyone is keeping well?)

A few weeks ago I was approached by a PhD student who wishes to base her PhD thesis on differences in prosthetic treatment in the UK (aka the postcode lottery).

I checked her out with her supervising tutor (who verified who she was) and I've spoken to her (she's very nice and genuinely passionate about the subject of her thesis).

She's in the process of developing a questionnaire and, as part of the development, she needs to speak to as many UK amputees as possible. Questions on the questionnaire will include subjects such as ~

Counselling

Aims and Goals

Spare limbs

Physiotherapy

Technology

Information (e.g. given before an amputation)

After she's developed the questionnaire she intends to ask amputees in 12 Centres to complete the questionnaire, so she can compare the answers from the different Centres. She hopes that the UK prosthetic industry will use her thesis to raise/maintain standards.

Anything you say to her will remain confidential.

If you'd like to contribute please could you send me an email of PM?

Sue :smile:

Many thanks to everyone who has replied, so far, to the request for volunteers! :smile:

It's a really worthwhile study that could benefit all of us in the UK. And, good news is that there's still a bit of time left to volunteer ... the more the merrier, I say. :biggrin:

(Btw is everyone OK on the forum? I asked before, but no one answered ... surely some of you remember me? :unsure: )

(Btw is everyone OK on the forum? I asked before, but no one answered ... surely some of you remember me? :unsure: )

Doing good thanks Sue. I hope that all is well for you too.

Good to hear from you and thanks for answering, Johnny! :biggrin:

I thought that if no one answered my post, newbies might think I was some 'odd bod' ... :unsure:

Life is OK my end, thanks.

might think I was some 'odd bod' ... :unsure:

:biggrin:

No comment

:biggrin:

Hmmm ... the words 'pot', 'kettle' and 'black; come to mind. :rolleyes:

Didn't post here because I PM'd you - didn't mean to make it look like you were being ignored.

It's been a loooong time indeed...good to hear that you're doing OK!

Didn't post here because I PM'd you - didn't mean to make it look like you were being ignored.

Nooo ... I wasn't pointing the finger at you, Sue. :smile:

It's been a loooong time indeed...good to hear that you're doing OK!

Yeah, I'm doing OK, thanks, Cheryl ... sometimes I feel like I'm 'spinning plates', but then I think most people are at the mo, aren't they? :smile:

Anyway, how are you keeping?

I'm doing all right, Sue...won't go into a long and boring recital of all the details here. Do you still have the same e-mail? If so I'll e-mail you...if it's changed, send me a PM. It's about time we caught up!