Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Joe

Amputee Unicyclist! (and other nonsense)

Hi everyone!

I thought I'd share my new videos with everybody. The other day I thought riding my unicycle would be a good idea so I went for it. All went fairly well until the end of my video "Amputee Unicyclist - Hard Unplanned Dismount" when the unicycle pedal took a bite out of my good leg and my blood tried to run away. Riding wasn't as difficult as I thought it'd be but there were some challenges in finding the pedal and keeping my new foot on it the whole time. Yesterday I also posted a short video of me rollerblading. The uni videos were 12 days into having my prosthesis and the rollerblading was 19 days in all after getting amped at the end of March this year.

I hope y'alls enjoy the videos. I had a great time making them! There will be much more to come with even more excitement!

**insert shameless plug for my youtube channel - like/comment/subscribe** My videos can be seen here http://www.youtube.com/user/JSavala18

Let me know what you think! I'll be posting an introduction video soon as well as a leg tribute. :biggrin: :biggrin:

The first picture is my first ride with crutches used to mount the uni. The second is the very moment that the pedal bites my poor leg.

post-2910-0-59668800-1308925583_thumb.jp

post-2910-0-95955500-1308925722_thumb.jp

That's great Joe. I never could ride a unicycle even with two legs. I have ridden a bike on several occasions since my amp. It is hard to keep the foot on the pedal. I've been told that velcro helps quite a bit.

Though I wouldn't recommend amputation to everyone, you are a good example of how little it really affects our lives. If you are doing this well in just 3 months you'll be doing great by the end of your first year. It is the first year that is the worst.

Thanks for sharing with us. Keep those updates coming.