Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
JenH

Location?

I've noticed there are quite a few people on here from the US and also abroad. I'm just curious where everybody is. I'm from the US in Washington state.

Poughkeepsie NY

Hickster, Sometimes you can find the location of the person by clicking on their user name if it is in their profile.

Regards,

Hickster,

I think there was a poll started with this exact question and some of us filled it out. Maybe we could end our post with where we're from. I will

Brenda

Central Florida

i am from tiverton in devon but now live in bordeaux france

I am from Vienna, Austria (Middle Europe).

Hi Hickster, I was born and raised in the state of Maine.

Sheila

Keep Smiling :)

My name is Vince, BAK, born and raised in Chicago, lived in Florida now in Georgia.

Hi - I'm from Gravesend Kent UK. Most of you seem to be from the US. Any more around from my area?

Whilst writing, has anybody found a pair of knee pads that will actually stay where they are put? I love my garden but have to crawl around with my rbk amputation. Obviously the 'new leg' is fatter than a normal leg and the knee pads keep slipping down.

Any ideas please?

Many thanks - Rosemarie

RoseMarie,

I don't know what kind of knee pads you use but the ones that I have used and worked pretty good. They had straps that wrap around your leg and velcro in place and I always tighten them around the prosthetic and a little looser above the knee area. They would stay in place pretty good. If it has a strap with no velcro you can always cut it and put some on it yourself.

Hope this helps you.

Brenda

Central Florida

Re.: Location - I live in NE PA, USA, in the valley of the Susquehanna River and just a bit west of the Pocono Mountains.

Re.: kneepads - I have a pair which I bought in a home improvement store. They have a hard plastic outer shell, soft padding inside and Velcro straps to attach. An ongoing problem I have is that the edges of my socket cut into my gel sleeve whenever I need to get on my knees. The latest socket had some sort of elastic binding on the edge, fastened with rubber cement which apparently does not work at body temperature. I tried to secure it back on with several kinds of adhesive tape and duct tape but none of them held. I tried moleskin but it lasted only a couple of days. Right now I have nothing on the socket edge and it's fine as long as I don't need to get on my knees. I just received two new sleeves and my plan is to wear one of the old ones when needed and save the new ones for walking upright. I read about a new product called Atomic Tape in an RV Magazine. It's supposed to work at up to 500 degrees Fahrenheit (I question that) and it costs $24.99 for 2 rolls. I'm going to check it out at www.atomictape.com and try to learn more about it.

Hi

I am a left bk from Kentucky.

Born in Massachusetts, grew up in Missouri, met my husband (who is a NH native) at college in MO, we have lived in NH, MO, DC, and now (hopefully to stay!) in Utah. (USA)

I read the postings from england with interests however, since my husbands brother and family live there. He married a wonderful english woman and they have two little ones. They lived in deddington, had a house in wales (Prefer it there) but now live in london, for his job. I am trying desperatetly to recruit them to move back to the US, since I miss seeing them and those precious babies!

Judy

HI Hickster

I'm a bi-lat newby from Powys Mid-Wales about 60-70 miles from Sue

Good Luck

Keith ;)

Soon to be amputee from sunny California!

Janet B)