Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Neal

Great sadness

I don't know if many of you have met Kathy Spozio, but she was there for you whether you liked it or not. She was an ardent advocate for amputees and their rights. She served on the board of the ACA for years, most recently as the Treasurer. She lost her leg to cancer some 10 years ago. She thought she had it licked. It would return in the spring of 2010. She tried every treatment available. She was a fighter.

I was honored to work with Kathy on more than one occasion. She was a hard worker for the amputee community. She even established an ebay account where things were sold and all proceeds going to the Amputee Coalition.

We've lost a good friend.

Rest in Peace dear friend........

It is very sad news to hear about Kathy, and I agree Neal, she was a good friend, a kind and caring person. She will be missed greatly. Kathy fought a valiant fight with cancer for the last couple of years..Our thoughts and prayers are with her family at this time. The work she has done for amputees and the concern for everyone is huge...all while caring for her own mother.

There is a new angel in heaven now, watching over all of us...

Rest in Peace Kathy, we will all miss you greatly....

I didn't know Kathy, but she sounds like a lovely lady, so sad to hear this news, sometimes life just doesn't seem very fair. Would like to pass on my thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Ann

I didn't know Kathy, but she sounds like a lovely lady, so sad to hear this news, sometimes life just doesn't seem very fair. Would like to pass on my thoughts and prayers to her family and friends.

Ann

She was a huge advocate for the amputees, a lovely person and friend to everyone,Ann.. You would of liked her..

Ann

She was a huge advocate for the amputees, a lovely person and friend to everyone,Ann.. You would of liked her..

Thanks for letting us know of Kathy Spozio's death. She was a classy lady, and a great advocate and friend to us all. One of the best parts of attending conferences and amputee events is getting to meet some of the great people in our community.

Dena

I never (knowingly) met Kathy, but I heard her name often. It's so sad when someone with so much to give is taken by something so terrible. My very best to her friends and family and all of us who knew her..............