Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Mary Farquhar

Had Ertl Surgery June 28th

Hi All!

I am 12 days post op. Really happy to be home. The traveling was rough coming home but I got through it all. Today is one of my good days. Was up early wanting to get somethings done. Now I am ready for a nap. LOL...been doing lots of resting thanks to those good ole pain meds. Anxious to get on to the next phase of this process though.

Thanks for all the support!

Mary

Hi All!

I am 12 days post op. Really happy to be home. The traveling was rough coming home but I got through it all. Today is one of my good days. Was up early wanting to get somethings done. Now I am ready for a nap. LOL...been doing lots of resting thanks to those good ole pain meds. Anxious to get on to the next phase of this process though.

Thanks for all the support!

Mary

Glad its all been done, and your back home again safely Mary.

I'm glad everything went OK. Let yourself heal some then get a leg and get on with your life. There will be no holding you back now.

Glad to hear from you, Mary! Take Neal's good advice and you'll be fine. :smile:

Glad to know that you are well and safely onboard again.Let your organism take care of the healing and don't precipitate things.Everything takes its time and the the expected day of having your new leg will come!All the best for your recuperation.

Joachim

LAK+LAE

Glad to hear that you are home and on your way to healing Mary.... Hope your stay in the US was a nice one.... let us know how you are doing after you feel rested up....

Good news, Mary. Keep us posted.

Hi All....thanks! I am 15 days post op. I have been feeling good. The last 2 days I find the pain meds not working as well. I have pain behind my upper leg and goes all the way to my knees and down to my "ankle/foot" Guess I have some phantom pain/sensation. It's not always fun being in tears with pain.

I am trying to pass through these difficult days to reach my end result!

Mary

Mary, glad it is finally over for you and you are safely back home. There will be good days and bad days but gradually there will be more and more good days and less and less bad ones, be careful though and don't overdo it as they will cause more bad days - rest is your best friend right now.

Keep us posted.

Hi All....thanks! I am 15 days post op. I have been feeling good. The last 2 days I find the pain meds not working as well. I have pain behind my upper leg and goes all the way to my knees and down to my "ankle/foot" Guess I have some phantom pain/sensation. It's not always fun being in tears with pain.

I am trying to pass through these difficult days to reach my end result!

Mary

Stick with it Mary, I found the early days easier than a few weeks on, as I started doing more the pain kicked in, especially at night, but found by relaxing, and keeping myself occupied was the best way, and probably why I blocked it out in the day, at night I got in to the habit of watching TV or listening to music, but do remember checking the clock often as was ready for the next painkiller.

Sort out the pain meds with the doctor, current thinking is that its good to stop pain in the early days, so don't sit there and suffer. I got into a bit of a muddle and tried to cut them out in the day and just take them at night, which didn't work too well, think they were best taken evenly throughout the day, but depends obviously what you are taking.

You will get there, but give yourself time to let everything heal

Thanks so much much for the well wishes....and much encouragement. Not sure but the last few days have been emotional ones.

I saw my Dr here Friday and they changed my meds. The other meds were making me feel so dopey and drugged up. My voice even changed. Not sure if I love what they put me on now. High dose of Acetaminaphine, Lyrica which I find does nothing and if needed Supeudol..type of morphine. Used that the last 2 nights. I am going to give it a few days but might have to call and change the meds again. Oh and now my voice is all weird again. Must be the meds?!

Thanks everyone!

Glad you are on the road to healing...it will take time, but you will make it. :smile: