Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
paul

feeling everystep through me stump

hiya dont post much , but been casted for new socket and picked the leg up , its quite comfy ish well i feel all through me stump which makes it numb when walking , anyone ever had this ?

Had the numbness bit Paul, only had it with certain prostheses, so imagine its prosthetic related, maybe pressing on a nerve or something, but its very off putting isn't it and a horrible feeling.

Hiya Ann yes very weird feeling the numbness, Ive never had this before they have swapped me foot to a softer heel from me old one soo i thought overall it would be alot better walking through and all but i dont feel it , When i start out to walk its fine and as times goes on then the numbness starts there is no red spots when i remove me iceross so cant be pushing on one spot but when i take me leg of at night now it aches like mad . Im going to phone My Limb centre to make appointment go in.

Paul

Hiya Ann yes very weird feeling the numbness, Ive never had this before they have swapped me foot to a softer heel from me old one soo i thought overall it would be alot better walking through and all but i dont feel it , When i start out to walk its fine and as times goes on then the numbness starts there is no red spots when i remove me iceross so cant be pushing on one spot but when i take me leg of at night now it aches like mad . Im going to phone My Limb centre to make appointment go in.

Paul

Sounds like circulaion being cut off to me,do you get pins and needles at first when you take it off? defo would see the centre...

Hiya i wouldnt say pin & needles but there is a sensation in me socket , but i have lost alot of weight and was casted for that reason being my old iceross was a size 34 and now im in a 26.5 size soo the old leg there was alot of movement going on even with socks , and now im wondering its becoz im that snug now with it being suction socket . and i need time get into it .

Paul, I agree w/oneblueleg...definately in the socket,{too tight} or pressing on a nerve.

hiya thanks for the replys, im going in limb c next week, it happens more when im walking and there is a thud with knee and heel strike, so i hope it gets sorted for me .

Paul