Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Sign in to follow this  
narooma99

Double amputee sprinter

Hi guys i dont know if you have heard of Oscar Pistorius. He is an double amputee sprinter. he is in line for selection at the 2012 London Olympics. l just had an article published about him. You can check it out here. http://www.divine.vic.gov.au/main-site/lifestyle/sport/the-fastest-man-on-no-legs;storyId,5669 Feel free to leave a comment on the site if you like.

Hi guys i dont know if you have heard of Oscar Pistorius. He is an double amputee sprinter. he is in line for selection at the 2012 London Olympics. l just had an article published about him. You can check it out here. http://www.divine.vic.gov.au/main-site/lifestyle/sport/the-fastest-man-on-no-legs;storyId,5669 Feel free to leave a comment on the site if you like.

So inspiring! I will be watching if he makes it to the Olympic games in London. I have been a left BK for 14 months now and have been trying to learn to run (not seriously but just a little) with one prosthesis. So far I have had only minimal success. My prosthetist says my foot is a running foot (not a Cheetah leg just an energy storing foot) but I can't seem to get the spring for running. I am so impressed with those who can run and laugh when people say they have some kind of advantage. Are they kidding? Anyway, I know others are running and so I will keep trying.

Hi KItkat souds like you are doing well. I would encourage you to keep trying to run but be careful you dont injure yourself. Just out of interest what kind of foot do you have.