Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Kamwendo

Coloured stump socks?

Does anyone have information about coloured stump socks? I know they are ( or were) available, as I have two, a red one and a blue one. My prosthetist gave them to me, he said he picked them up at a seminar/trade show years ago, and can't remember who made them. They are stretch terry cloth for BK amputee and have a little silicone moulded around the hole for the pin.

I use an iceross original silicone socket with a flexfoot VSP. My hard sockets have a few variations of moulded-in graphics, and I am damned if I should settle for white stump socks forever.

Surely someone knows where I can buy some?

And before someone suggests it, I have tried home knitted ones, and they just look plain tacky.

I have also done enough searches to make mr google quite sick of me.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards,

Mark

Ah, Neal.....what's for dinner??? and yes I do like the idea of colored socks. :rolleyes:

Mark, be sure to let us know if you find them. :happy:

I do think that dying your sox--especially if they're all-cotton--might work. I've also never heard of stump sox in colors, but it sure sounds like a swell idea!

When I first became an amputee I looked high and low for colored stump socks without finding any. Your post made me look again. This time I was able to find one. Only white, pink and black but still... They are knitrite hugger top soft-socks. They only come in a couple of thicknesses but they have a top that doesn't roll (another thing I could never find so had to add elastic to the top of mine). I don't use socks anymore but I am going to order some black ones for my husband. Thanks for making me try again.

Not sure if this is any help, but I threw mine in the washer with a red shirt and they all came out a grey/ pinkie colour, so rather than put up with the mick”y taking I brought a packet of red dye and dyed them had no real problems, when I sweated the dye didn’t run or stain my leg or anything .might be worth a try.

• Like 1

Mick, gosh & golly ~ why didn't I think of that. Good idea :huh: