Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Ally

Hello

Hello - no, I'm not dead - how are you all? :blush:

Welcome back Ally. Ed told me your exciting news. Glad that you're still kicking.

Hello - no, I'm not dead - how are you all? :blush:

Glad that your not dead! I'm doing great thanks! Life is still good every morning that I wake up. My daughter is going to be 14 and going into high school in September. Retirement's been not so bad. I feel very blessed!!! How are you and what have you been up to Ally!

Well hello there, stranger! It's odd...I was thinking about you just the other day and wondering what you'd been up to. Sooooo...what HAVE you been up to?

I'm still here, doing fine. Been retired for a couple of years now and moved to Northern California to be closer to my family. Overall, life's been good!

• Like 1

Thank you so much for the warm welcome everyone. SO much has happened, not all good, but if you weight the scales, I guess I'm on the upside!

At the beginning of last year, we decided (in all our wisdom, which actually turned out to be a "what were you thinking" moment) we moved into gutted farm in the Magaliesburg. I swear, only my sense of humour helped me survive.

I kept a blog during the first year. It was INSANE. If you'd like to read and comment, I have attached the link.....

http://www.letsmovetothecountry.blogspot.com

And yes, you may laugh at the stupid antics of 2 x one leggers taking on such a stupendous task...... :)

We also adopted 2 3-legged pitbulls who had their legs ripped off by a crazy "rite of passage" that is common here to be initiated into a "real man" gang. They are the sweetest dogs - I am in love with the breed. If they could buy you flowers, they surely would.

So very nice to be back.

xx

• Like 1

Glad to hear from you Ally..we need you to keep things rived up....been kind of slow.

W elcome back, Ally. Good to hear from you. I kept up with your blog. Don't know how you did it! Looking forward to ACA 2013. :smile:

• Like 1

Hi Ally,

I am glad things are going well for you. I have been on a similar journey with moving and renovating a house that seemed in much better shape than it was. So, I moved here to British Columbia after I retired last July. It has been a lot of work, but a year later and the main living floor is very close to down and the lower floor requires mostly just painting instead of gutting rooms. The pictures on your blog look great.

Peace, Beth Marie

• Like 2

Welcome back - I look forward to reading your blog when I get a minute.

Oh my word....! I thought I'd done something impressive when I rented a 24' long moving van, loaded it up with everything I owned, and drove it 450 miles to my new home. Then I thought BethMarie had far surpassed me with her move to the house-with-serious-condition-problems and her battle to set it all to rights. But, Ally....that is absolutely insane! Fearless, wonderful, and I envy you the lovely vistas...but it's still insane! I hope that you and your man are having a fabulous time fixing up your farm in the middleof nowhere! :biggrin:

• Like 1

Yes, both u gals have done marvelous things., { simply marvelous darlings} :rolleyes:

Welcome back Ally....... The news is great, and looking forward to seeing you in 2013..... Glad to see you posting again, Lady!!!!! :biggrin: