Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Mary Farquhar

Need help!

I bought some wedge sandals, and I really wanted to wear them for my nieces graduation tomorrow, but when I walk in them they make noise because of the foot shell. If I wear nylons that noise isn't there, but it's going to be too hot to wear that. Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks!

Mary

How about, rub the tiniest amount of vasaline into the inside face of the straps of the sandal on that side with your finger, work it into the strap... just a thought, as I don't wear sandals...

Don't have a clue. Good luck!

Try velcro. Usually the noise is from the foot shell moving inside the shoe. If you velcro the heel and/or the forefoot to the shoe the noise should stop. I use the kind that sticks to the surface. Put the loop part (soft) on the foot shell and the hook part (scratchy) on the shoe. Good luck!

i have no idea honestly i dont even know what wedge sandles. i shall graciously bow out of this one beside this sounds like a chick thing to me lol

Baby powder? It works when my foot "squeeks".....

Velcro didn't work. What I did do was buy beige nylon knee highs and cut the toe part off. I let the toe part of my foot shell show

the wedge sandals are open toe...the rest of my foot shell was covered with the nylon. Worked as I was wearing white dress pants.

• Like 1

There is always a way - it just takes trial and error to find it. Hope you enjoyed the day.

A few years ago, there was a product known as "toeless nylons," where the stocking was actually knit with the toe section missing. Since most gals don't seem to wear nylons with sandals any more, I'm not sure if anyone is still making this item...but it might be worth your while to check it out, Mary, just because it would probably be more durable than just cutting the toe section off...... :wink:

Glad you found a solution that worked!