Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
cy692002

ZIPLINES!

Oh my gosh...that DOES look like fun! Thanks for sharing! :biggrin:

That looks like fun. That's on my list of things to do. I also want to parasail. I was going to do these things in Hawaii, but the rain put a damper on most everything.

The zip line that they have in Labadee is 2600 feet long, and goes out over the Caribean.. That is one that is definitely on my bucket ist......Ziplines are a blast.

• Like 2

You gonna hold me hand? i really want to do it!

Yes Marcia, I'll hold your hand going up, but they want you to put your hands in the air when you take off......but, I'm going!!!

OMG, I THINK YOU ALL ARE CRAZY.....In the 1st. place I would never make it to the top. Deathly afraid of heights. If I look down and can see the ground, anyone below me would get s##t on. :blink::huh::sad::rolleyes:

• Like 1

HOLY ????. I can't wait. That will be my a$$ that doesn't make it all the way to the landing platform. LMAO What will we do to prevent our legs from falling off? I think I'll take a sleeve. I wonder how many stairs to climb to get to the top? I will still do it.

• Like 1

Can you leave your leg at the top and pick it up later?

That sounds like a hassle Marcia. I will bring a sleeve with me. That should be enough.

If you notice, people going down the zipline,don't have any belongings on them.. I'm thinking they must have some place for you to store your personal stuff...

Now, as to the leg.. If they are well fitting pin systems, I wouldn't think it would be a problem..If you have a sleeve and are in doubt, then, wear it.. If not or a sleeve is too bulky, one of the things a person could do is, if you had an old trashy liner, what about cutting the top portion off and you now have an instant sleeve.. thinner and not as much bulk, and something small enough to not add weight or bulk when carrying later on.

It's a thought anyway... suggested by my prosthetist who knows I hate packing any more weight than necessary. One more thing to have to watch for in a place that is unknown to us......

It still looks like an awesome ride!!!!!

I have a few sleeves. They aren't too bad to wear and don't weigh all that much. I'll just use one that day.