Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
Doug

Hello, I am home again

Had my AK conversion on Monday. They tell me it went well even though the surgury itself took a few hours more than anticipated. I met some really good people along the way and plan to stay in contact with some of them.

Monday was all about the operation.

And Tuesday they applies the radiation treatments.

Wednesday the pain was less so I could back off on the meds. :-)

Thursday I missed the opertunity to go home because of a teeny fever. But switched to Tylenol for pain and fever.

Friday the fever was under control so they let me go home.

Today is Saturday. I had to learn to give myself injections. Wow. I am here and healing. Thanking God for looking over me.

Thank everyone that prayed for me or my surgeon.

• Like 1

Welcome home Doug, we've all been thinking of you. Glad the surgery went well - you sound positive which is always a good sign! Keep smiling and stay well.

• Like 1

Glad that everything went well. Take care, heal well, then get ready to rejoin the adventure.

Good to hear you are doing well. Keep up the good work. :smile:

It's good to hear from you, Doug! Here's hoping that the healing goes very, very well! :biggrin:

Had my AK conversion on Monday. They tell me it went well even though the surgury itself took a few hours more than anticipated. I met some really good people along the way and plan to stay in contact with some of them.

Monday was all about the operation.

And Tuesday they applies the radiation treatments.

Wednesday the pain was less so I could back off on the meds. :-)

Thursday I missed the opertunity to go home because of a teeny fever. But switched to Tylenol for pain and fever.

Friday the fever was under control so they let me go home.

Today is Saturday. I had to learn to give myself injections. Wow. I am here and healing. Thanking God for looking over me.

Thank everyone that prayed for me or my surgeon.

Hi Doug, glad you are ok and that the surgery went well, hadn't realized you still had to have the radiation treatment even though you'd had a revision to a/k, so hope all the healing etc. continues well.

Take care.