Heather Mills - Amputee Forum
kitkat

Thankful for Prosthetist

Just wanted to say how thankful I am for my wonderful prosthetist. Had a problem with my air valve - making a wierd, and fairly loud, noise. Called on Friday and he came in on Saturday morning to fix it. Took a couple of hours and a couple of tries but we got it fixed. By the way, he was leaving later that day for a week long vacation so it wasn't at all convenient for him. So grateful that he is such a caring provider and didn't minimize the importance of my concerns but insisted on taking the time to make it right for me. It is easy to get frustrated and complain about my leg, fit, comfort, etc., so I wanted to put out something positive for someone who went above and beyond for me.

• Like 2

There are some very compassionate prosthetists out there. I really don't know what mine would do. He has come to my town a couple of times. Not just for me, but a few people.

Mine has come in on weekends, stayed until past midnight, he just traveled to London to the Paralympics to support one of his patients, travels to Ironman competitions no matter where to be there for his patients also.

If there is something not right, he will think about it until he gets it right. He is compassionate, brilliant and caring. I don't know what I did to find him, but it was my lucky day when I did. As he says...."you (meaning the patients) will give up before he does". He is just the best. God bless our prosthetists

• Like 1

Hi,

It's always great to hear about prosthetists with heart and soul!

I consider starting a list of recommended prosthetists worldwide. I'd appreciate if you could email me your recommendations along with the details of the prosthetist.

Thanks,

Ofri.

Amputee-Life.org